The Brotherly Approach

Tharn

Loving Type is one the greatest feelings in my life, but the agony that I feel for the mistrust that I have in him is sinking me to the deepest of depths. I don't like it. I don't like feeling like this. I don't like questioning my husband. I don't like not believing in his kisses or his words. I don't like hiding how feel. I want to be free of this uncertainty. I want to go back to being happy. I want answers.

So, I want to ask directly. To someone who would give me answers. To the person who has never lied to me. To Thorn. I drove to his place after I got out of the studio. After I dropped Type back at work earlier today, I had not spoken with him.

"What did you do, Thorn?" I asked my brother as soon as he opened the door to his condo.

Thorn stared at me for a moment and then smiled. "Tharn, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home with Type?" He asked ushering me in the door.

I grabbed him by his arm and made him face me. "Thorn, what did you do? Tell me!"

He looked at me with concern, then grabbed my hand that was holding his arm. "Tharn, what are you talking about? I didn't do anything." He said. "Come sit down and talk to me. Tell me what's wrong." He walked me to the living room and then sat me down. I must look crazy. Eyes red, skin darkened in duress. Once I was seated, Thorn walked to the kitchen and got me a glass of water, then he sat down in the chair before me.

"Are you calm, now? Tell me why you think that I've done something." He asked in that calming voice that he always used with me. It was the same voice that he always used on me when we were younger. On the nights or weeks that our parents were gone on business, Thorn was there to take care of me. If I was afraid, he was the one who stayed beside me to ensure me that there was nothing to be afraid of. If I had to rank my most important persons, Thorn would be in the top 3. There was nothing that he could do that would change that. Not even whatever he tells me tonight.

"I heard you and Type, at the wedding. I heard you ask him not to hurt me. I heard him say that he would address you later. I don't know what these things mean, but Thorn, please help me understand." I say to him. He looked at me intently for a moment and then sighed.

"I love you, Tharn. I love our family. No matter what I've done, that will never change." He answered, scooting to the edge of his seat. "Type is angry at me."

"For what?" I asked.

"He believes that I hurt him in some way." He answered.

"How?" Another question.

"Thymia Isle. The resort." Another answer.

"What about it?" I asked.

Thorn hesitated for a moment, then he continued speaking. "The way I acquired the land and deeds, it wasn't entirely upright. I did some things that ensured that the resort was built without issues and on schedule." He stated.

"What does that have to do with Type?" I asked, confused.

Thorn leaned his head to the side and inspected me with a shocked look on his face. "Tharn, how much do you know about him?" He asked.

"I know enough. I know where he grew up. I know that he loves me. He does love me, right Thorn?" I asked desperately. I don't know what to think. Thorn just disclosed that he did something that was probably illegal and Type knew about it. What the hell is going on?

"I believe he does or at the very least I believe he wants to be next to you. I'm sure of this. But I'm also sure that he wants to pay me back for what he thinks I owe him." Thorn answered me hurriedly. "Tharn, Type's family all but owned that island before Kirigun built the resort. His father had a inn, but after everything was built, it went out of business and his mother started working as a maid at the hotel."

I was taken back. Type never mentioned any of this. He led me to believe that his family had benefited from the resort. He said that his family's life was forever changed by the resort. Forever changed. "Hahahahaha! Haha haha!!!" I started laughing, how could I have been so dumb. Looks like he was telling me the truth. I was just listening to the wrong one. Thorn looked at me like I lost it.

"Tharn, are you ok?" My brother asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"No."

***

I stumble into my house. I'm a little bit more than tipsy, just a little under drunk. It's almost 2:30 AM and I'm not even trying to be silent. After talking with Thorn, I found myself at a bar knocking back drinks. I didn't really know what to think. I have more questions now than I did before.

The resort was built almost two years before we official met. I remember all the things that I had heard about Type back then. That he was violent, a womanizer, hot-tempered, and rude. I could personally agree with some of it, but the Type that I knew was more than the rumors.

Yes, his tongue was sharp and he said what he was thinking without catering his language to seem less harsh. But my husband wasn't violent, he wasn't rude, he never looked at anyone but me, and he followed me where I led us. He was open with me. He kissed me first every morning. Laid against my heart every night. Texted me throughout the day. Told me he loved me at the right time. This is what he does.

This is what my husband does.

"Tharn, do you have any idea what time it is?" I hear Type's voice as he rushes down the stairs to greet me at the door. I just stare at him as he wraps his arm around my waist and helps me into the house and up the stairs. "You can't just disappear like this. You have to come home. Even when you're mad, you have to come home." He continued talking as we got closer to the bedroom. I just listened.

"I was wrong earlier. I shouldn't have said those things about Thorn. I don't want you to be mad at me." Type began to help me take off my clothes. "You know I'm no good when it comes to dealing with my anger. It's just he does something to me." He walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

"I don't like going to bed without you and I damn sure don't like going to bed mad at you or you mad at me." Type took my hand and walked me into the bathroom towards the shower. We stopped at the shower door. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for making you angry. I'm sorry for getting angry at you. So let's stop fighting now, ok. Ok?" He said holding my hand and looking me in the eye.

I nodded. Ok, Type for now let's stop fighting. I'm too tired to fight.