Chapter 35

MEL POV

Although I didn't take a trip to Iowa, I let Chlyer pick up Oliver from my mother's so Chris and I could just relax and stay in bed. His body felt so right next to mine. I had felt so alone while he was gone. Now, having him here, lying next to me, filling the void. A piece of me was missing and now I had found it. It was Chris. I didn't think that'd I'd miss him as much I had, but now having him home, made me realize I did. I had missed him a lot.

"Mel," He said next to me, as I traced my fingers on his chest. "I forgot to ask earlier and before that you weren't answering me...." He trailed off and I sat up so I could see him. I had a feeling of what he was going to ask.

"Am I pregnant?" I say, hiding the truth so I could see his reaction. His eyes light up at my words. He smiles shyly and waits for me.

"Are you?" He asks me after a moment of silence.

"Yes I am." I say a smile creeping onto my face. Chris couldn't hide his excitement and had to jump out of bed. He ran downstairs and I followed him after putting on my robe. He ran out to the balcony, with the only clothing being his boxers.

"My beautiful wife is PREGNANT!" He yelled lowly towards the street. I couldn't stop laughing as I pulled him back inside.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, still laughing, while he just grinned.

"I thought the whole world deserved to hear the best news I've heard all week." I smile widely and laugh into his shoulder as he pulls me close. Suddenly, he lets me go and says "Oh! I have to say hello." He says kneeling down and placing his soft hands on my stomach. He kisses my belly that doesn't even have a bump, then looks up at me. I smile down at him.

"Hey baby. Did you know that you just made my day?" His enthusiasm reminded me of one of the many reasons I loved him. "Your mama and I," He said looking up at me quickly before looking back at my slightly swollen stomach. "We had a hard week and I can say for both of us we are more than happy to see you in..." He changes his baby tone and looks up at me with a boyish grin, "How far along are you?"

"2 months." I smile as I continue to run my fingers through his hair. I laugh as he turns his attention back to my belly.

"We'll see you in 7 more months. Can't wait to see my happy healthy baby." He says kissing it one more time. He stands, still facing me. He, then, wraps his arms around my waist and gives me a quick kiss.

"How about we go see our boy?" He asks me with excitement shining in his eyes. I couldn't help but nod and laugh.

"You have to change first." I said looking down at his outfit.

"What you don't think he'll like my boxers?" He asked jokily, before placing a smooth kiss on my cheek.

"I don't think anyone will." I say through bits of laughter.

"Well you do!" He said pick me up bridal style and carrying me up the stairs.