two

CHAPTER TWO
( UNDERNEATH FLORESCENT LIGHTS )

THE OUTLANDER NIGHTCLUB WAS a popular club and gambling sight amongst both the wealthy and the dangerous criminals

THE OUTLANDER NIGHTCLUB WAS a popular club and gambling sight amongst both the wealthy and the dangerous criminals. Species of all kinds loitered in and outside; skin tones ranging from pale white to dark red to a stunning blue or a vibrant green, with intricate hair designs or antennas or horns atop their heads. Most of the clothes they wore showed off a considerable amount of skin. Some fabric was flashier than others. It was a mixture of flashy glitter and sequins and dark colored clothing. Neon lights colored red, pink, purple and yellow shone down on the customers and employees moving about. The center bar had different occupants all around it, standing about or sitting on the stools as they drank whatever alcoholic beverage they had ordered.

From behind the counter, Moira moved around constantly with another employee, fixing various types of beverages with ease. She didn't wear anything like the costumers. Simple black clothes appropriate for working the bar with a complicated fishtail braid to keep her hair out of her face as she worked. Sweat began to accumulate near her hair line and temples. The inside of the club was cooler than the outside, but with all of the body heat, it wasn't hard to get warm, to start sweating.

After she handed a costumer their drink with a polite smile, Moira looked around at the costumers near the bar and made sure no one needed anything. They seemed happy, content. Dealers of all sorts walked about, asking others if they wanted death sticks or other illegal, intoxicating substances. Friends were grouped together, and waitresses walked around with one hand holding up a tray, not once dropping it or tripping. A few couples were here and there, though not many. Most of everyone gambled during whatever games were being played on the large holographic screens on the walls. There were two Jedi by the entrance, looking around, talking amongst one another as people weaved around them to get by, and—

Wait.

Moira snapped her gaze back to the two Jedi. One wore light clothing, while the other, clearly a Padawan, wore darker shades. Surprise filled her from head to toe and instantly recognizing Obi-Wan. That meant the Padawan was Anakin Skywalker, a boy the Jedi Master talked to Moira about any chance he got; there was no doubt in her mind that he cared deeply for the boy. As the two separated and Obi-Wan ventured to the bar, Moira pushed away from the counter she had been leaning on and went to the side of the bar where he now stood.

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Moira said, containing the happiness that wanted to burst out of the seems at seeing her friend. It's been months since they've last talked. A smile pulled at her lips and, as she got right across from him, she remembered the lightsaber that had been brought to her door for half a second, wondering if it was a coincidence that she's seeing him the same day the weapon came to her. It threatened to falter her smile, but she didn't let it.