five

CHAPTER FIVE
( SEEDS OF GUILT AND FEAR )

"YOU ARE ONE OF the best Padawans the Jedi Order has! Don't you want to be one of the greats, one of the beloved Jedi Masters?"

"I didn't join to be some beloved, great Jedi!" Moira snapped around the horned woman before her – Dabria Graw, her Master and teacher for a few months now.

The last of her kind, Dabria Graw stood tall with large mud brown horns atop her head, and her piercing, light hazel eyes trained on the young twelve year old. Her straight, long brown hair laid neatly down her back, barely a strand out of place, and the sharp bone structure of her face made it easy to tell why people outside of the Jedi Order wanted to see the stunning woman in person. Most were intimidated by her though, just by her height alone; add in her natural beauty and the fact she didn't let anyone walk over her, and it became more obvious why.

Moira had been intimidated at first, but she quickly got over it, kickstarting the duo's random bursts of quarrels and disagreements rather quickly.

They were currently having one of their fights.

"I'm still a kid, I know that," the girl said, "but I understand some things out in the world need to be stopped. I didn't join for myself! I never wanted this in the first place! Master Yoda just waltzed in and offered me something that my mom said I could if I wanted take so I did – because it would help her. She didn't need to burden of looking after me while doing her dangerous job! A job she only has because of certain things the government has done. I joined, because I figured that by being here there's a way for me to help those in the lower levels, and in other places, who need it."

Dabria looked down at Moira. "You won't help much at all if you never become a Jedi Master, my young Padawan."

Moira's jaw tightened. Her chin lifted and hazel eyes met blue, which narrowed. A deep feeling came over her then. Dangerous, maybe. Dark. Unrecognizable, but nonetheless she knew it was something a Jedi shouldn't be feeling; something that wasn't foreign, despite the fact she couldn't pinpoint what grew inside her. "With you in my way, I won't."

"I suggest you reign in your emotions, Padawan," Jedi Master Graw spoke slowly, the tone of her voice having changed completely, taking the young girl by surprise. "Or I won't be the only one in your way."

At first, she was only confused, wondering what the Master could be talking about and what she meant. But then the familiar coolness of the metal of her lightsaber in her palm registered in her mind, and she looked down. Her thumb was just above the button to activate the blade. A quiet gasp left her and she quickly removed it, finally sensing the hesitancy and small bout of fear in the Jedi in front of her, Dabria's hand ready to grab her own weapon at her hip.