WEIRDNESS AFOOT! A Day in the Life of Dexter Seagrave! [Story No. 03]

Alright, so, I'm sure you know who I am, but not very much about me. Well, let me start this off by introducing myself...

My name is Dexter Bartholomew James Seagrave, and I'm seventeen years old. I attend Hermann G. Dunst Academy where I am currently in the eleventh grade. Not much goes on in my life outside of school, hanging out with the few friends I have, drawing comics and listening to Hip-Hop. I live, like, the most uneventful life there is. Well, not completely uneventful. Still, whenever anything does happen that is of note, I am barely given a chance to enjoy it. Anyway, I recently confessed to this one girl you may know of-Sinead Marlene Duruisseau-how much I love her and how badly I want us to be together. To my surprise, she admitted feeling the same. Of course, immediately after this momentous event-where she gave me a huge kiss for the FIRST TIME EVER-she became distant. It reminded me of something my older cousin Sebastian once told me about an ex of his.

It's just been a week or so since then, but I've been worrying myself to death over it all. Maybe I'm overthinking things, as we are both still in high school and have so much to do as far as that goes. Plus, Sinead is often hanging out with her best friend Shantrice (whose full name I shouldn't even have to say), so she could be up to any number of things. Shan is quite the busy-body and has been dragging Sinead into her intrusive hijinks since they were kids. Sometimes it's hard to get a moment alone with her, as Shan often pops up and kills the mood.

There are times where I've felt Shan's appearance may have been intentional, but never broached the subject. Sinead can become a totally different person when she gets pissed. Like today, I've texted her at least five times, but have yet to get a response. And yeah, I know that's excessive, but they weren't back-to-back. Hopefully that makes things better. Regardless, I'm worried and have begun to wonder where we stand again.

*🌙*

Now, this may come as a shock (or it may not), but Sinead and I are both very insecure. Our issues on that front are purely physical, but it may be worse for her, what with the body dysmorphia (which is still physical, but also psychological) and whatnot. Furthermore, Sinead longs to be accepted by the popular crowd. For the life of me, I can't understand why she wants so desperately to fit in with those clowns, but I never complain. On that note though, I would say that Shan has said a mouthful and then some for us both. What has been said, need not be repeated.

However, to elaborate, I have a FUCKTON of horrible experiences with people from that walk of life. A lot of things that I wish I could undo, like getting involved with Penelope Silverthorn. It really would be so much better if I had never fell for the game she played on me, because it's the sole reason I get bullied now. I mean, I don't give a fuck at this point, but there was a time where I didn't feel so confident in being myself.

These days, I'm very unapologetic with who I am as a person, yet I still don't like the guy I see in the mirror. I try to keep myself groomed and keep my hygiene A-1, but none of that matters when you're not tall enough or muscular. These girls don't want a guy like me. Hell, Sinead barely does. I sometimes feel like a last resort. Actually, I always feel like that. It fuckin' sucks.

Shan said something to me the other day about how a majority of things about me are fixable, except for my height and big feet. Yet, she claimed there was some "wiggle room" as far as my height goes. I swear, she confuses me sometimes. She consistently calls me ugly and points out that my breath smells, but I never get that complaint from anyone else. Not the latter one, I mean. I've been called ugly a lot.