Chapter 5 - Same Script, Different Cast

Harry

I hopped to get to the DADA class on time. I had to come earlier, since I was supposed to teach it, but I was still outran by Tintin, who was racing with the Turners and Sadie. Even though the Turners were demigod wizards, and Sadie was a magician who hosted gods occasionally, Tintin ran quicker. His dog Snowy chased after him like he was born for it.

"Hey Harry! On your left!" Sadie yelled, panting as she sprinted past me. Yes, I was slower than a thirteen (okay maybe fourteen) year old. Don't point it out.

"Wait up, guys!" Darian yelled as he wheezed. "I think I'm going to puke!"

"No you aren't, ya dimwit!" Baylee snapped, zooming past him. "Unless you ate the snacks that were lying around in the common room!"

"I did!"

"You are such an imbecile!" Baylee yelled. "A fifth year, probably a son of Hermes, left that to prank kids!"

"That explains it." Darian muttered, then hurled. Very loudly. 

"Crumbs!" Tintin yelled from way ahead. "Did someone—"

"Yes, he heaved." Zeke said.

"What rascals there are!" Tintin muttered.

In other words, it was another normal school day. I walked quickly to the place, since I didn't want to smell the barf.

"Right on time." Professor Christen said.

"I was afraid I was late." I said, taking my wand out.

"Today, we're going to learn backup, in case spells don't work."

"Sounds... interesting." I said.

"Basically defending oneself against curses that come in every direction." professor said. "Just in case one already got expelliarmus-ed."

"Are you, by any chance, associated with—"

"—the demigods? No. But it's a small world, even with the wizarding world and the demigod world, and who knows what else combined. Rumors spread fast."

"So you already know—"

"—about Pirenzze's turf, the sky, being threatened by some alien creatures? Yes."

"Wow..." I muttered.

"As I said, rumors spread fast." professor clarified. "And even professors like me, they aren't as inflexible as you might think. Anyway, please help me move the cartons to this classroom. They're in the room of requirement."

"Didn't it burn down?" I asked.

"Until it's required to provide a bunch of weapons." the professor answered. 

"Weapons? But I thought this was training post-expelliarmus."

"Sometimes, I think that headmistress McGonagall should have assigned you to another class. Please go get it, this time with less questions."

"Okay." I walked out of the room and to the room of requirement, ROR.

"Weapons, please." I said, then opened the door.

The ROR was filled to the brim with sharp metal stuff, and I had to be careful not to impale myself while grabbing some for the class. I piled weapons and picked them up. Or, I tried to pick them up. Why was metal so heavy? Then I remembered that I was a wizard, which meant that I could use magic.

"Accio weapons!" I said as I climbed down the stairs. Even in the wizarding world, seeing swords chasing a person who is running down the stairs was a strange sight. Some kids ducked, while others stood and gawked.