Let This Mother Out

"Hey!" Mel greeted Milani as soon as she entered the door. "You were gone all day, I thought something happened."

"I found a field and stayed there practicing." She retightened her ponytail and took off her shoes. "You guys gonna believe that board and not trust Harry?"

"It could be our mother." Mel told her with a smile on her face, coming towards her. "We could be connecting with her."

"Yeah, but it's not." Milani walked past Mel, heading up the stairs. "I'm gonna shower. Let me know when you guys finally come back to reality."

"Mila, that wasn't nice."

"Yeah, besides Mel could be right." Mel came up the stairs and stood beside Macy and Maggie, all three of them looking at Milani. Macy reached for her sister and she jerked back.

"You guys played with that thing. I can't touch you." She went towards the bathroom, closing the door and locking it before leaning against it and letting out a breath. "I'll get my clothes later."

She was showering when she heard something slide under the door, turning the water off after rinsing and wrapping towels around her head and body.

"Uhm, knock knock?" She pulled the curtain back and the pointer to the board flew at her, a scream leaving her lips before she abruptly blacked out.

"Mila?" Macy knocked on the door and jiggled the knob, using her telekinesis to unlock the door. She saw nothing and walked further inside, tripping over something. "What the-GUYS!"

Maggie and Macy ran into the bathroom and yelped when they saw Milani laying on the ground, her mouth opened in a scream and her eyes white. Mel bent down and picked up the pointer.

"How did this get in here?"

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

"Morning." Milani bounded downstairs in sweatpants and a large shirt, her hair in a bun. She sat at the table and looked at what they were doing, her leg brushing Macy's. "Truth serum. You guys are actually going to believe that thing in the board."

"Not entirely." Macy quickly said, pausing her actions. "We're just seeing who we can trust."

"Yeah, let's not trust the word of someone who can tell a backstory from a touch. Or the person who got attack by the dumb thing."

"Lani, it's not like that."

"No, it's exactly like that." Milani stood up and walked out of the house, deciding to have breakfast at a café.

"Guys, maybe we should trust Lani." Maggie said after looking away from the door. "Everything she's seen has been correct. And the piece did appear in the bathroom."

"Maybe mom is trying to convince her and she's refusing to believe it." Mel said, looking out of the window.

Milani was enjoying her coffee and waffles, looking up when three seats around her were pulled out.

"What's up?" She continued to eat, pausing to gulp down the scalding coffee while looking at the Kappa girls in front of her. She got the attention of a waitress. "Another cup, please."

"You're Maggie's sister, right?" Milani nodded and ate the last bite of her waffle, leaning back in her seat. "Is there something wrong with her?"

"Family stuff." Milani chugged the new cup of coffee down and stacked the dishes up neatly, standing up and grabbing her phone. "There's a lot of things happening right now, so she might be a little overwhelmed at the moment."