Hanging

Beca was awoken by a series of groans and mumbles, muffled by a pillow. She slowly opens her eyes before instantly shutting them from the light blinding her.

"Urghhhhh" Beca grumbles as she blocks the incoming light with her hand, now able to open her eyes properly and she slowly let's the room come into her vision. She is met to see Emily looking up at the ceiling, her eyes slightly closed to not let as much light in.

"Sensory overload right now" Emily sighs as she puts her arm over her eyes.

"Tell me about it. Feels like the sun's gonna melt my eyes if I look at it." Beca says as she tries to push herself up, stumbling but able to stand as she walks over and closes the curtains, allowing the two to be able to look around without feeling their heads were going to explode. As Beca's vision comes back, her mind floods with last night's events. The party, coming back to the Bella House. Then her eyes widen in shock as she looks at Emily.

She made out with Emily.

And by God did she love it. She couldn't explain the feeling she felt from kissing her. It just felt right to Beca. As if everything made sense.

But, she knew that's all it was. A drunken kiss. She knew that's how it needed to stay. She needed to ensure that boundaries were kept. Last night was a one off for Beca, she wouldnt fall prey to her feelings like that again.

"Why did we drink so much?" Emily groans as she slowly pushes herself up on the bed. Her hair in a messy bun, stray hairs erupted from it as she looks around.

"Because we don't know our limits?" Beca suggested as stretches as she walks back over to her bed and starts neatening it up. Emily chuckles and nods.

"my first night as a Bella was eventful then" Emily says with a mix of glee and confusion. Beca stopped for a second as she wondered what Emily meant.

"And whys that?" She asked, faking confusion.

"We sung High School Musical!" She said and Beca sighs with relief before covering it with a laugh.

"Which you chose!" Beca adds and Emily nods proudly.

"Yeah..." Emily trails off and the two share a few moments of silence, causing Beca to turn around and face Emily, who was stood on a few steps away from her. "I just want to say thank you for last night. You didn't have to spend the whole night with me. But... It means alot you did. You made me feel welcome" Emily smiles. Beca felt quite awkward now. She wasn't use to feeling like this. So she laughs awkwardly.

"That's normally Chloe's forte." Beca says as grabs her toiletry bag and a towel then goes to head out of the door before she stops and turns to Emily, who looked abit confused. "Look, I'm glad you enjoyed last night. It was fun." Beca says softly, backed up with a warm smile before she heads off towards the shower. Leaving Emily smiling to herself as she interlocks her fingers together and walks over to her bed.

***

Beca walked into her room, totally forgetting that Emily was now her roommate with her towel wrapped around her, but she shrugged it off as she closed the door. Emily looked up and her jaw dropped as she pulled her hand over her eyes.

"You do remember I'm your roommate right!" Emily yells, scaring the shit out of Beca causing her to yelp as she pulls her towel back up to cover her body.

"Shit! Sorry" Beca says quickly as she looks slightly embarrassed.

"I mean, It was a beautiful body." Emily says as her eyebrows raise in surprise. "And I did not mean to say that out loud" Emily chuckles awkwardly as she turns around to let Beca get changed. Beca was glad she had turned around as she felt a blush creep up from what Emily had said.

She called her body beautiful. Not hot. Not sexy. Beautiful. She knew that they were all compliments, but the word beautiful resonated with Beca. And Beca loved them words coming from Emily. They just sounded right.

"Oh, um... Thanks" Beca says, snapping herself out of the daze she had gotten herself into and she went onto grab her clothes, choosing something smart casual. A shirt with a stylish leather jacket. And some black jeans.

It was smart casual for her atleast.

"You can turn around now, I'm decent" Beca says as she shrugs on her jacket and brushes her hair out from what got caught between the jacket and her shirt.

"Where are you going? It's 7am!" Emily asked, completely confused. Beca looks at Emily, as she was deciding something in her head.

"I.. Have an internship with a record label." Beca admits and Emily's face lights up with curiosity.

"Woah, really? That's awesome! What's it like?" Emily asked. Beca was surprised that Emily was curious, and not mad.

"Oh... Um, it's really good. I only started yesterday but I'm loving it. Love seeing how what we hear is made" Beca smiles as she explains it.

"Well, I hope it goes well for you" Emily smiles.

Damn. That smile.

It was like a sword against Beca's armour. There was something about that smile. Something she couldn't explain. But it made her feel warm inside. Like a momentary high that flushed through her body the second she smiled. Beca was use to being on her own. She knew how relationships always end up. Bad.

"Um, yeah. So if you could not tell Chloe, that would be great" Beca says as she heads towards the door, looking directly at the floor.

"Why not?" Emily asked.

"I don't need her thinking my time is being split. She would go ape" Beca says rather quickly.

"Oh... Okay, well have a good day" Emily smiles, but All she gets is a side look and a very weak smile. She watches Beca leave quickly and heads he lightly run across the landing. She sighs as she lays back down and drifts off back to sleep.

***

Beca leaves the Bella House quietly and runs down the road towards the bus stop, sighing with relief when she was out of sight of the house. She leans against the lamp pole near the bus stop, pulling out her phone and flicking through all the photos that had been posted from last night. She saw one of all the Bella's by the pool, one of her and Chloe. But the one that she kept on for a while was one of her and Emily cuddled up on the bench. She never even saw it taken. But, she was kind of glad it was.

It was a nice night. She had felt comfortable with Emily, which was an alien feeling for her, espically in this aspect. She was comfortable with Jesse and Chloe, but it felt different. She hadn't felt Comfort like last night since... Ever.

But she knew that she couldn't let anything happen. She couldn't put herself through a relationship for it to just end in heartbreak. She had seen it happen before, and it felt shit. She didn't want to know how it felt when it's her heart being torn into millions of pieces.

So, Beca becomes abit standoffish with Emily. She has big walls, but will Emily be able to tear them down? Who knows! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!