Chapter 5: Twenty Questions

As Elijah ran to his car, he glanced down at Elena, who was holding onto him tightly before he felt a searing pain in his head and had to stop and let get of Elena, who stumbled away from him and watched as he gripped his head in pain while she raised her hand and bent her fingers slightly, almost into a fist.

"Who are you, really?"Elena asked as she watched him fall to his knees. At least they were in an area where there weren't any Humans around.

"My name is Elijah, although my last name is not Smith."The Vampire gritted out."It's Mikaelson. Elijah Mikaelson."

"The same Elijah who tried to take my Sister?"Elena asked warily.

"Yes."Elijah hissed out and was surprised when Elena stopped giving him aneurysm and he stood up, looking at her with narrowed eyes."You're a Witch."He stated.

"Yep."Elena stated."And let me guess, you want to use either me or my Sister in that stupid Ritual, but now you have a problem. I'm a Witch."Elena said, smirking at him and he frowned at her."Although, from what I know, that Curse is a fake. The real one is about Klaus being a Hybrid."Elijah's eyes widened as Elena took one step towards him."So you're his henchmen."

"Henchmen? Is that Rose-Marie refers to me as?"Elijah asked, sounding amused.

"No, she called you the Easter Bunny and a foot soldier."Elena answered."How are you alive? Damon said you were dead."

"I've been dead for centuries."Elijah answered, smirking.

"Is this the part where I laugh?"Elena retorted, raising an eyebrow."Because that was not funny, not in the slightest."

"You're an odd one."Elena's eyes darkened and she pursed her lips."You have the chance and the ability to stop me and to run and yet, you haven't."

"You make it sound like I should be afraid of you."Elena stated.

"And because it's rather obvious that you aren't, you're either very brave or very stupid."Elijah stated."Why haven't you run?"

"I prefer cautious because if you haven't noticed, I'm keeping my distance."Elena gestured to the space between them."And I haven't run because one, I know you can easily catch me"Elena said as if it was obvious and Elijah nodded in agreement."and two, I want to talk to you."Elijah raised an eyebrow at her."Since I've told you that I knew the truth about that stupid Curse,"Elena rolled her eyes at the mention of the Curse."you haven't threatened me or tried to attack me, or even tried to knock me out. So, obviously, you want your questions answered and I want my questions answered. So, how about a game of twenty questions?"

"How about after I deal with some business, we can play that game."Elijah smirked and Elena narrowed her eyes before she nodded."Now, if you'd come with me."He held out his hand for her to take.

"And where are we going?"Elena asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"To my car of course."Elijah answered honestly and Elena sighed before she placed her hand in his gently and allowed him to Vamp-Speed her to his car."Now if you don't mind waiting here, I'll be back soon."

Elena stared at him before she nodded and he unlocked the car, allowing her to get into the passenger seat before he shut the door and disappeared, leaving Elena alone to her thoughts and briefly wondered if anyone was worried about where she was or if they were worried about her in general.

~~~~~

The brunette was startled awake when the car started up and she wondered when she fell asleep."What time is it?"Elena asked, noticing that it was dark out, and glanced at Elijah.

"Five past nine."Elijah stated."Forgive me for taking so long, I had to deal with something else."Elena just shrugged.

"No apology needed."Elena waved it off."So, wanna tell me how you're alive?"Elena asked tiredly and Elijah glanced at her with a small smirk.