Prologue

The air was heavy with the scent of flowers. Usually Rose loved the smell, but now it just made her sick. She looked around the room to see the bouquets in vases ranging from simple to elegant, carefully positioned near photos and candles. The centerpiece of the room was a plain wooden casket, sealed shut. Of course.
       Rose was attending her best friend’s funeral, a place she would never have expected to be. Rose was only fourteen - as were her classmates. Nobody foresees attending a teenager’s funeral. Especially when the death is sudden. Rose was devastated over her best friend Grace’s death. Soon after the dark and sorrowful day, Rose was brought in for questioning. The police demanded that Rose tell them what happened before the bloody crime. Rose responded with a shy and light voice “I don’t know. We were both having a sleepover and I ask if I could be excused, because I was thirsty. Then, I heard a loud and terrifying scream. That said ‘Please help me! Please call someone!’ Then the voice became faded still hearing the dark and eerie echo screaming for help I immediately ran to the room and was filled with unmeasured fear the room was filled with BLOOD, blood dripped from the ceiling falling slowly into a dark red liquid blood  pool making a ‘splashing’ sound on the floor then realized that there was more blood than an average body would have, I tried to find Grace but she was gone, then I called 911 for immediate help.” Rose felt a deep and roaring voice to admit her guilt but couldn't. She didn't know why she couldn't she just couldn't. Rose knew that she was the real murderer. She knew that she killed Grace, she remembered everything that had happened. Rose remembered what she had done.