The Visit

Yahaji sipped cognac out of a mason jar, her sleek, buttery legs crossed at the knee, her fluffy robe pooling at her smooth, silken thighs as it slipped slowly off of her soft, unblemished shoulders; in her glass free hand, she firmly gripped her letter from The AUHE. She knew without reading it what kind of information it would contain.

She thought back to her stay with them: those white walls, those tan meals, the greasy den itself... Yahaji had no fond memories of them at all and no desire to maintain any contact or affiliations with that organization. However - Yahaji touched her chin where a large, disfiguring keloid had once been - she tore into the envelope and read the letter.

On behalf of The Association for Uinly and Human Exchange, I thank you for your willing participation in the scientific advancement of uinly procreation. Your generous donation has given your partner, Laila, a bountiful litter of 52. Her due date is 6.17.u72.
Four of her children have been identified as female. As you can imagine our team is exceedingly impressed by this large and well proportioned litter, and many uinly women have asked after your willingness to return. We, at The AUHE, would be honored if you should decide to return to our facility to donate with a new batchmother. Of course, we'd be willing to negotiate new insentives, including a handsome 50,000D reward. If you are interested, please use the contact below.
Sincerely, Gliciphi Duran Head-

The front door let out it's usual high pitched cry, announcing the early arrival of the home owner. She stuffed the letter and the envelope under the nearest vase, hid her glass of cognac inside it, and headed towards the living room to greet Mr Jypher.

"Welcome back, Jy" she said.

"Thanks," he said without looking, as he always did. His attention was focused as he re-adjusted his security system.  Yahaji missed the days when he'd jump a little when he she greeted him. But, unfortunately, he'd become accustomed to her illegal presence in his home.

Mr Jypher was an ageless old trucker, wearing weariness like a cloak and indifference like a mask. He never claimed to be Yahaji's father, or friend, or family, but it was he that fed her, clothed her, taught her how to be decent, and carried her debts from expensive surgeries and medicines, right up until the day he'd kicked her out of his home.

"I didn't expect you to be back for another month. Everything ok?"

"I had to come early cause of weather or something so I didn't make as-"
He paused as his black eyes met her, then scrambled to find something familiar. For a moment, he looked awestruck, then his expression of wonder rotted into bitterness.
"How much did this cost?"

"It was free," she sighed, "I went to the worms."
Mr Jypher squinted, shaking his head in disaproval.
"You didn't need to feed your body to those monsters to be beautiful."
Yahaji scoffed, "Cause I'm beautiful on the inside right?"
"Hell no, because you have self respect! Or atleast I thought you did! What's wrong with you, letting those things crawl around inside your-"
"You know..." Yahaji interrupted, "Nalize was so happy for me that she cried. Miss Kiki was there too. She asked about you."
Mr Jypher pondered this for a moment, and his hard look melted the way it always did whenever someone mentioned his favorite not-daughter and her real parents.
"What's that old lady want from me?"
"For you to call her back," teased Yahaji  as she reached for his bags. Mr Jypher swatted her away, then made a point of grabbing every single bag in one, hand.
"I'll take this, you go put some damn clothes on, and get breakfast started."
Yahaji winced.
"Actually, Mr Jy. I was going to head out soon..."
"Is that why you smell like liqour? My liqour?"
She sighed, defeated.
"Do you want oatmeal or grits?"
"Waffles."
By the time she'd gotten herself dressed and cleaned the waffle iron, Jy had pulled both the mason jar and the letter out of their sub-par hiding place. He hunched over the table, reading her mail and scowling as he drank their cognac.
Not a word was said as the water sizzled off the wet waffle iron, as a nostalgic aroma filled the home that reminded Yahaji of violent phantom itching.
" Yahaji.... 5,000D could go a long way."
"I have more self respect than to sell my body to aliens Mr Jy," Yahaji said with a hideous smirk, "Who needs 5,000D when you have self respect?"
......
Lailu had become fat, lethargic, and oddly shiny, her yellow fuzz glistening. Her long tube body had become thick and round, her furry tubular face had become cheeky, like a hamsters and her 16 eyes were at all times, nearly shut as she struggled to fight her sleep.

Yahaji offered many times to come back another time but Lailu kept saying,

"Next time will be too late."

Lailu allowed Yahaji to press her chubby body all while staring at her as if she was an idiot.
"I still don't understand why you would want to feel them through my flesh. Why not wait until they're born? You're obviously struggling to find them."

"It wouldn't be a struggle if you'd tell me where they are," said Yahaji.

"How could I ever do that?"

"Can't you feel them moving?"

"I find the thought of that to be absolutely horrendous. Can you imagine 52 sacs rolling around in my body? Bumping up against eachother? I wouldn't want to live."

Yahaji laughed a little, then shifted her hands a little lower. 

Lailu shook her head like a disappointed father, "And yet, you continue."

"Yes, because it's cute."

"It's cute," she repeated, "Explain this to me."

"When humans find things cute, they want to hug them, take care of them, and interacting with them makes them happy. This is me interacting with your cute pregnancy belly and your cute babies."

" How can you find something you can't see aesthetically pleasing?"

"The idea is cute. Sometimes actions are cute."

"Am I cute?"

Yahaji paused to look at Laulu fattened yellow face, her slit mouth, and many red eyes and said, "You're adorable."

It was only half a lie.

"The nurse told me that sometimes the males decide to change genders at the last minute," said Yahaji, reminded of the briefing she was forced to sit through before being allowed to visit.

"That's an odd way to word it, but yes, that isn't uncommon in a litter as large and perfect as this. We call this metamorphosis galuci. If there are too many males, some will turn to try to create balance."

"I thought having a lot of males was a good thing?"

"It is. It means the gyre is larger in each batch which makes the insemination run more smoothly. But setting up our batches this way is a choice, not nature. And, the males that experience galuci don't do it by choice. That's also nature."

"So what do you do with the galuci kids?"

"It depends on the size of the batch and how many their are. My litter had two. One was sent to the cultural exchange program, the other became a batchmother. As a result, our batches only had about 10 males a piece. With another two males we may have been able to finish your treatment in three sessions or less."

Yahaji continued to press the belly as the Lauilu slipped into a rant about all the ways the procedure could've gone more smoothly if AUHE wasnt allowed to make major decisions for them. Sometimes she could feel the babes squish slightly under her fingertips. Once, she could swear she felt the bend of a limb, maybe a knee, elbow or foot. One of the daughters.