Meeting Her

On June 15, of the seventy seconds year unumius, Lailu gave birth to 52 balls of red wool, and four brown, humanoid babies. By the 17th, the babies had grown to be toddlers, and Lailu had eaten one of the sons, at least that's what the nurses told her when she asked exactly what she was seeing on her visit.

Four little girls played amongts a swarm of squeeling balls of fur. Each of them had Yahaji's brown skin, thick, cloud-like hair, and deep brown eyes. Their eyes, however, were just a bit too large, their pupils were oblong or otherwise misshapen.

The child Lailu gave her was quite different from those girls at the AUHE. Those girls, while their alieness was obvious by their appearance, lacked a noticeable 'energy,' for lack of a better word. This one oozed a certain aura even as she layed there, an infant, trying and failing to control her tiny arms. Even as she lay there, peering into her with her mother's candy red eyes and moving her mouth as if to speak.

"So, what's the plan?" asked Nalize, her round face contorted into a menacing scowl, "I know you don't think you can keep her here."

Nalize was only six months older than her but somehow believed she could talk to her like she was her mother. It was something they had gotten into many arguments about in their past. Yahaji broke eye contact with the red eyed sweetie, sweeped her braids out of her face, took in a deep breath and met Nalizes' black eyed glare.

"I don't have one. I really wasn't expecting this."
Without thinking, she'd driven to her sister's house. She arrived half an hour later covered in hardened mucous and crusted saliva. The entire neighborhood felt dry and unwelcoming. The house itself was no different. From the mean, blue eyed cat to the crisp white furniture, to the harsh artificial light, every detail seemed to discourage her presence.

"You'll have to move," said Nalize, interrupting her thoughts.

"Really? I mean, I don't think the worms are looking for her, they think she's dead."

"Your neighbors will wonder where you got a whole ass baby!"

Yahaji's neighbors once responded to her being repeatedly stabbed by her ex, with a heated knife, on the sidewalk, in broad daylight, with total indifference. They couldn't even be bothered to call an ambulance for her when he drove off in HER car.

"I promise you they won't care," she took a secondary glance around Nalize's lavish home and winced at the horrible screeching sound the cat just made in another room before asking "Do you remember how you used to fantasize about growing up and adopting a group of kids like us?"

Nalize's eyes softened.

"I still want to. I'm just not ready yet. Right now Choco is my baby."

"What are you waiting for? You're mature, financially stable, happily married. You could make a huge difference in this little girl's life."

"She's not a little girl, she's a worm."

"Look at this cute little face and say that again," Yahaji said motioning to the pillow she's placed the baby on.... the now empty pillow.

Panic took over her before she could think, and she found herself tearing through the unwelcoming house, looking for her baby.

A shrill scream interrupted her frantic search and her legs flew her towards the source of the sound. Her footsteps pounded down the stairwell that lead to the basement: Chico's cozy sanctuary and as she neared the bottom, her sister's faint sobs pulled her back into reality.

She had almost stepped on a mangled paw. Yahaji lurched as she witnessed the absolute mess that was made of Choco's poor body. Tufts of hair and blood coated the carpet and speckled the walls. His limbs were disembodied and scattered. The meat was stripped from each of them leaving nothing but blood, fur, and fresh bone.

Realization hit her.

"Nalize, we need to go."

Nalize continued to sob.

Yahaji thought to yank the woman up by her armpits and drag her up the stairs, but as she leaned in to grab her, she noticed that she was holding the head and empty torso of her cat. Beneath her, a trail of blood started and it guided Yahaji's to the corner of the room, behind a scratching post. There, behind the post, it was: Yahaji's daughter, infant sized and sucking on innards. The intestines were burst open, and strewn about her thighs.
Her stomach emptied itself immediately.

"Nalize!" she moaned spitting, "We need to go NOW!" but her body wasn't responding the way it should, and her heart didn't actually believe the words her mouth just said.
She heard her sister's footsteps pounding against the stairwell and thought 'I should be running with her' even as she peeked behind the post for a better look. There she saw a tiny little thing, with chubby, gore soaked fingers, and her eyes were innocent. She was just a hungry, unattended infant, who had been allowed to roam free and get into something she had no business getting into.
"Heeyyy!" cooed Yahaji, forgetting her fear.
The creature flashed a wide grin, exposing the several rows of jagged teeth that hid behind human gums, then burrowed it's face into the innards, feeding even more aggressively than before, suckling heartily until she heald nothing but a shriveled, purple sack. "Are you full, sugar pie? Yeah? Let's get you cleaned up."

Gingerly, Yahaji scooped up the now sleeping creature and carried her upstairs, where she bathed her in the guest bathroom. Her body was quite similar to that of a fully human baby, except for a deep curving fold at her abdomen. She cleaned bits of Choco out of it with a Qtip, and patted it dry as best she could before swaddling her in a towel. Nalize was waiting for her by the door when she finished.

"Get that nasty thing the fuck out of my house."