Chapter Eleven: Frenemy

Lily

I heard muffled voices around me. I groaned as I tried to wake up, but I couldn't, I was in a lot of pain. Then I felt someone take my hand and I let out a gasp and sighed in relief. The pain was less now.

The person quickly left and slammed a door shut, My eyes finally opened when I heard gun shots and I immediately sat up and glanced around confused. What happened and why am I in the backseat of Stiles' jeep?

Stiles whipped his head towards me and let out a sigh. "Finally you're awake,"

I groaned and grabbed my head when I heard the sound of gun shots. "What the hell is happening, Stiles?. . ."

"N-- Nothing." He gulped.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Stiles, please don't insult my intelligence."

I stared at him until he gave in. "Okay long story short, that thing. . ." He pointed at the kanima. "It's called a kanima, the kanima is Jackson, but Derek and his pack thought it was between Lydia and you, but then they went only for you because you didn't pass his little test and some other coincidences. . ."

"Test?"

He must've seen the confused face I made because he continued, "At Harris' class, Isaac and Erica put kanima venom on it and since nothing happened when you ate it, they thought it was you killing those people." He took a huge breath and continued. "So under Derek's orders, they went to your house to kill you . . . ."

I stayed silent for a few minutes, the only sound were the gun shots.

"They're really stupid." I muttered, processing everything he just spilled out in one breath.

Stiles was glancing at me nervously, hoping for me to forgive him for not telling me any sooner.

I looked at him and smiled. He let out a sigh and returned the smile, relieved that I didn't do anything to him, but his smile faltered when I whacked him on the head.

"Okay, I deserved that." He said grabbing his head. At this point the gun shots had stopped.

"Of course you did, idiot! Why did you not tell me sooner? We could've prevented the break in and me getting hit." I hissed as I crossed my arms, waiting for his response.

"Well, in my defense Scott didn't want to, okay? Just to keep you safe." He protested. I let out a humorless laugh.

"Yeah, and look where that got me, beaten up and unconscious. Great job!" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Okay, no need for that, smartass." He said, rolling his eyes. He gulped again when I threw him a glare.

Scott came in running and told Stiles to drive. He glanced at me and smiled, he open his mouth to speak but I didn't hesitate to whack him on the head as well.

"I had good reasons for not telling you." He only muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"You guys are such idiots." I scoffed as I glared at them.

Scott sighed heavily as Stiles grinned cheekily at me. "We know."

A small smile appeared on my face and I turned around before one of them could see it.

From what Stiles told me, we were following Jackson alias The Killing Monster. Stiles drove us to a club where Scott caught the kanima's scent.

I let out an annoyed sigh as Scott left Stiles and I alone again keeping guard.

Stiles started to tap his fingers against the steering wheel as I hummed. Then he let out an exasperated sigh and got out of the Jeep. He opened the door where I was sat and took me out.