12 • I'm sorry

Zach's POV

I lay on my bed, questioning my life choices recently. Why am I always such a dumbass? I always mess everything up. The one time things were possibly going right, I somehow managed to screw it up.

I don't understand myself sometimes. Carly actually liked me, I mean she even kissed me! On top of that her sisters were just down the hall from us. Who knows what they heard. I start to think things will get better. If I just apologize. When I apologize everything will be fine, right? All of a sudden, I hear on knock on my door. I jumped up excited, knowing who it was. I was surprised when I opened the door. My heart started to race and all the color was drained from my face. Standing at the door was the last person I wanted it to be.

It was...

Jonah.

I was dead. His face was calm and looked suddle, but his clenched fists said it all. He was pissed. I really messed up this time, big. I take a big gulp and look into Jonah's eyes. They're full of rage.

"Jonah, I'm sorry man. I didn't mean what I said. We also just joking around, I didn't expect it to     go—"

Jonah grabs my shirt and slams me against the wall hard. "You're sorry! You didn't mean to call her a slut, so it's okay you did! Joking around! Do you even realize what could've happened?! You could of gave her a disease or worse get her pregnant! You didn't expect it to go that far, oh really. Gosh Zach, why don't you tell me what happened before that. Cause you definitely weren't instigating it, because that would absurd if you were! So tell me, Zach, tell me everything is fucking fine!"

He was yelling. His hands, now fists pounding away at my stomach. I felt sore, feeling the bruises starting to form. I tried to escape but his grip was too tight. He eventually moved to my face. The punches got harder and harder. I could feel my jaw tighten, bruises and cuts forming onto my face. I could taste blood and realized it was getting harder to breathe. The air seemed shorter, as if I was in a race to catch the air. I started to not be able to breathe and starting to lose my vision. I heard voices.

"Jonah, dude stop."

"Bro  he gets it, lay off."

"Jo enough. He definitely gets it by now."

Jonah! You're going to kill him! Stop, please."

The last voice seemed younger than the rest. Jonah ignored all of them and kept going. I then started to hear sobbing. I looked over and saw the girl I love in a champion hoodie.

"JONAH MARIAS ROTH FRANTZICH! Stop this now!"  She sobbed.  I was on the ground tasting and most likely covered in blood. I felt people pull Jonah off of me and I let out a sigh of relief. The door got closed, and then locked. I looked over and saw Carly. Her face was stained with tears and her eyes filled with many more. I tried to sit up and wiped her tears with my thumb.

"Omg, look at you!" She sobbed. "Zach, I'm so so   s—."

"Shh. It's okay, I know it was my fault." I cup her face and look into her sapphire eyes. Before I can say anything else, the door opens.

"Hi guys, oh sorry am I interrupting something?"

"Nah. Corbs you're fine we were just talking."

"Okay. Well, I brought you a wash cloth and a bowl of water and then a basket of bandages."

"Thanks."

"Also Zach, since your vision isn't the best right now, I think you'll need a little assistance, treating your wounds." He responds, smirking at me. I roll my eyes and see Carly already squeezing out some waters from the washcloth. She looks at my cuts and bruises, deciding what she should do first. She raises my sleeve.

"Hold still, this might sting." She brings the cloth up to my arm. I jerk away fast.

"Holy crap! That's hurts!"

"If you hadn't of moved it wouldn't of hurt as much!"

"If you didn't cry this would of never happened."

"Yea well if you hadn't yelled at me I wouldn't of cried!"

"You should be less sensitive!"

"And you should learn to control your temper!" She shot back.

I'll have to admit, she had me there. My temper is and has always been awful. I took a few seconds to regain myself.

"Thank you.

"For what?"

"For saving my life, technically. If you haven't said anything who knows what would've happened to me." She gave me a small smile.

"You're welcome. Now seriously stay still this time."

She held my hand to help keep me still. It hurt a lot, but I felt better by her comfort. She stayed by my side and stitched me back. We were happy and that's all we need right now.