39 • Welcome to New York

Daniel's POV

"It's official, I hate him." Zach sighs, falling back on his bed. We may not be seeing eye to eye recently, but if there're one we can both agree on... Aj is an asshole.

I sit down next to him and nod. I'm not in the mood to fight with Zach right now, but if he had just told Carly he loves her, we wouldn't be in this problem. Then again, Zach is completely helpless. He doesn't really know how to do anything when it comes to girls. I know he needs to do something for Carly. He's come this far... why just give up?

•••

Of course, if I could I would be with Carly. Honestly, I don't think that's a secret to anyone. I've been in love with her for 3 years. That's a crazy amount of time to be in love with someone and keeping it a secret, especially when that person is your best friend. Over the years I've been able to conceal my secrets. But right now, not any of this is important. Right now it is important to focus on saving Zach and Carly's relationship.

I grab Zach's arm and pull him off the bed. "What are you doing?" He rubs his eyes and shakes his head. "Zach come on! Do you not want to save your relationship or not?"

"Huh?!" Zach stops rubbing his eyes and looks alert. I laugh and shake my head smirking. He looks at me confused and I just shrug it off. I get out two suitcases for us and we start to pack. Halfway through packing, Corbyn walks in. "Hey guys--" He looks at us confused, "Where are you guys going?" I shrug and smile. He gives me a 'how dare you' look. "Corbs, we're going to New York. I'm gonna fix things with Carly. Come with us. You could see Christina, even though she literally just left yesterday." Corbyn smiles and walks out to his room. I see Zach on his phone booking our plane tickets.

•••

Twenty minutes later, and the three of us set off for New York. Although I've never lived there it feels like my second home. Every summer, before the band came about I would stay with Carly and her family for a couple of weeks. Something about the rush of the people, the life of music there, and the amount of fans you could just meet on the streets just makes me smile.

•••

We arrive to the airport and get through security, surprisingly fast. Then again, we don't have Jack and Zach here, so that helps out a lot of time. On the way to our gate, Zach stops and gets Chipotle for all of us. While we're eating we ask Zach what he's gonna say.

"Well, I was thinking of something along the lines of, 'I'm not gonna say sorry first, because I know how much girls hate it when guys do that. First I wanna say I love you. Carly, when I first laid eyes on you, I didn't even need 5 seconds for me to know it was you, you were the one. Then, you took a chance on me and I got to spend 2 months with the most gorgeous girl with the kindest soul in the whole world. Unfortunately, as we were approaching 3 months, I messed up. And for that, I am sorry. You didn't deserve to hear anything awful I ever said to you. I know, that you're mad at me and you have every right to be. But please, please give me a second chance. To prove myself. To prove that i'm worthy. I won't mess up again, I promise. I love you.' "  He shrugs and continues to eat his food as if he didn't just sound like Shakespeare.

"Dude....what did you do to Zach?" I ask, concerned. I look towards Corbyn and he mouths, 'What the hell did I just witness?' I shrug my shoulders. I don't think Zach realizes how good that was what he just said. We finish eating and I take all our plates and throw them out. We start to head towards our gate on our way I get a phone call from...

Lovey...

•••

I rolls my eyes and just decline the call. There's no way I'm dealing with that right now. While waiting to board the plane, Corbyn gets a call from Christina. "Hey babe, what's up?" Corbyn smiles, putting her on speaker. "Nothing much, I miss you. Even though I just left yesterday. What are you up to? You seemed very suspicious in our texts earlier..." I look down quickly. I kinda sorta took Corbyn's phone and texted Christina to be ready to pick us up at JFK aiport. That, way she could drive us to Carly's and Zach could fix things. "In our texts, no I don't believe I texted... you." He looks at me glares. I mouth a quick sorry and Zach laughs shaking his head at my savage move. "Well, whether it was you or one of the guys, I'll be there to pick you guys up. But for now, I wanna talk to my little Bean, before his flight." Zach nudges me and smirks.

"Little Bean." He laughs, teasing Christina. I smirk, going on my Instagram, not daring to look up at Corbyn's challenging eyes. Note to self: Never make fun of Christina when Corbyn's around. After Corbina being cute for 10 minutes, our group is called to board. We decided to spread oursleves out throughout the plane, to hopefully surprise some fans.

•••

I walk to my seat and find a little girl with a stuffed bear. She smiles at me a little tiny smile. Her exhausted mother sits next to her on the window seat. She sighs as she struggles to get her credit card to go through the processing of paying for a movie during the flight. "Mommy I wanna watch Descendants now!" The little girl wines. The poor mother sighs and tries her card for what feels like the tenth time. She seems so tired and worn out. I get out my card and swipe it on the little girl's screen. "There you go munchkin enjoy your movie." She smiles big and gives me a big hug. The mother looks at me gratefully and mouths a 'thank you'. I smile  and get out my airpods and prepare to sleep, listening to music during our flight.

•••

We arrive in New York. I walk off the plane with my luggage and wait for Zach and Corbyn.  They both come out about at the same time. The three of us walk out to the baggage area, where Christina said she would be to pick us up. Before Zach and I can tell, we see that we've found Christina because we see her kissing a Corbyn. Zach and I both take Corbyn's luggage along with ours out to her car, so Corbyn can have his time with his girl. "I missed you Bean," she smiles, playing with his hair. He laughs and pulls her into a hug and kisses her forehead. We all walk out to the car and all get settled in. I offer to drive and Zach sits shotgun, letting Corbyn and Christina have the back seat.

•••

I drive through classic NY traffic, to Carly's penthouse. From being there multiple times, I know how to get there without directions. Despite a couple of crazy people, the drive in downtown Mahattan isn't that bad. I easily find a parking, spot in front of the building Carly lives in. We get out of the car and about to grab our luggage, when it's done for us. I look and see Tony, the Efron's door man. "Tony," I smile, walking over to give him a 'bro hug'. He hugs me and smiles, "Daniel, how are you kiddo." I smile and introduce him to Zach, Corbyn and Christina.

We walk into the lobby and it's filled with tons of gold decorations. The room is crowded with tons of people gossiping of 'who knows what'. I push the button for the elevator to open and we all walk in. "Do you think Carly will he happy to see me, honestly?" Zach asks, looking down at his checkered vans. I pause and look at Corbyn, not really sure how to respond. "I think she'll be surprised." I reply, giving an honest answer. I don't wanna be completely be optimistic and say that she'll be overjoyed, but I also don't wanna be negative either and say she'll get pissed when she sees Zach.

•••

We arrive on the penthouses floor and I take a deep breath. I'm not nervous to see Carly, but I'm nervous for her to see us, especially Zach. Christina knocks on the door and we all stand and wait. Five minutes later, the door opens. A girl with wavy dark brunette hair and dark brown eyes, with freckles answers the door. She looks at all of us with a 'questioned' look on her face. She then notices me, smiles and lets us all inside. We all sit on the couch and she brings us all a glass of lemonade.

"Hi guys, I'm Hailee, Carly's older sister. Carly should be out soon, she's just practicing lines." Lines? Lines for what? She smiles and goes back to the kitchen. It's about dawn, when we arrived in New York. We all sit out on the deck, watching the sun set. Corbyn and Christina take their own side to have 'couple moments'. As the sun starts to set, the sky becomes a reddish - pink color.

"Man... it's beautiful." Zach smiles. I nod in agreement. It truly is gorgeous, but that's not the only thing that I think is gorgeous in NY. "You're right, it is beautiful. Just like your cute smile." We both turn around to see Carly standing in a white tank top, with black sweats. Her hair is down and straight. "Carly, hey." Zach smiles. She smiles back, from a distance.
I don't even need someone to tell me this relationship is heading on the right track. It really is magical how the two of them just fit together.

She walks up to Zach and kisses his cheek, "Hi Herron, welcome to my home. Welcome to New York."