act one, scene 2: i'm coming down fast, but i'm miles above you

she stumbled around the ballroom for what felt like hours, trying to find an exit. walking on heels felt like she was walking on knives.

she gradually found herself harshly pushing an exit door and tottering into the dark night. the cement wet from rain, the streets seemingly empty with nothing but automatic streetlights that assumed cars were going by; and now athena page, in a white lace dress that barely grazed above her knees.

she craved james in this moment. she wanted him to pick her up and carry her home while she nuzzled into his neck. she wanted to ramble about how magnificent the ballroom looked before getting angry with him at his lack of appearance at the party. she wanted him to fight back with her before they would kiss, stagger to their hotel room and have sex for hours, until eventually finishing and cuddling into each other's arms. thats what she wanted from him. that's what she needed from him.

her hotel that she shared with jimmy was (thankfully) two minutes away.

she celebrated in her head as she wouldn't have to suffer much more. or at least that's what she had thought.

as she thought to herself whilst walking, she began to feel a liquid drip down from her nose down to her chin. alarmed, her eyes widened and she began to wipe it excessively, not understanding what was happening. once looking at her hand, she only figured she was bleeding from her nose as there was nothing else that would be happening.

she pinched her nose, fastening her pace at what her altered state and heels could do.

she made a sharp right and she swore she believed in god at that exact moment, as she finally saw her hotel.

she swung open the door and walked to the hotel clerk.

"page." athena muttered, her nose pinched.

the clerk nodded his head and she continued to walk to her room.

she had assumed james wouldn't be there, so she wouldn't have a problem just putting herself in bed and waking up in the morning to discuss whatever trainwreck this was that they called a night.

but as she made her way to the end of the hall, she noticed the sign on the handle said 'occupied', which made her more than suspicious.

she dug into the inside of her bra before finding the slim hotel key. it was either anxiety of what she was afraid to see, or the drugs that caused her shakiness while she slid the key into the hole. twisting it swiftly, she pushed open the door with grace.

her jaw felt different, felt disjointed from her body almost. her knees were feeble, wanting nothing more than to collapse and never get up. her hands began to shake as she stared at the bedroom - along with the state it was in.

they had been there for seemingly hours, with all articles of clothing on the floor. along with cigarette butts and bags of all assortment of drugs.

athenas eyes roamed from the floor all the way up to the bed, which laid james page and another woman.