act one, scene 3: tell me, tell me, tell me, come on, tell me the answer

athenas eyes immediately began to water. her varied state usually helped her cope with things such as this, but this had only made it much worse.

she was dazed from the drugs she had been taking throughout the week, perplexed as to how she let this happen so easily, furious at him and herself for treating her this way - and just overall hurt that he would do this again.

the duo in the bed hadn't even seemed to notice her until athena began to sob as she stared at them.

"jesus christ." the mistress mumbled, slipping on one of jimmys shirts and awkwardly walking out.

athena let her. she why would she attack a women for what her husband did? not only that but, athena was once in her position.

athena didn't want to argue with jimmy, she just wanted to know what made every other woman better than her. why she was inferior.

jimmy only stared at her, waiting for her to speak.

"why are you doing this to me?" she asked stridently, her voice tremulous.

he knitted his eyebrows together.

"doing what to you?" he questioned with grimace, sitting up from his position.

"this!" she exclaimed, picking up what was seemingly the mistress's dress.

she didn't want to yell, or do something to god forbid upset him. because athena knew he would do this, since the very beginning. he was always non-monogamous.

but she couldn't help but feel hurt.

that he switched from woman to woman, that she was merely a stop in his destination. she didn't marry him for her to be a chapter or two in his book.

she married him for the same reason anybody marries someone - to have and to hold their partner from the day forward, for better or worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health.

he sighed, running a hand through his hair. he was at a loss for words, clearly.

what could he possibly say?

athena stared at him whilst simultaneously crying, her makeup more than ruined and her hair looking wretched rather than voluminous.

"i...i'm sorry. i wasn't really thinking, really." he attempted to apologize, his expression sorrowful.

she winced at his words.

he sighed louder.

"i-i don't know what to tell you, ath-e!" he defended, adding in her nickname specifically for sentimental purposes. he sat up from the bed.

she shook her head, turning her back to him and hugging herself. hearing that nickname was like a slap in the face.

he gave her that nickname on one of the first days they met, and she hadn't even remembered the last time he called her that. at least, until now.

"please." she whispered, recoiling.

"i'm serious! i... i love you. i never would've wanted you to see me do this. i-it's just d-" he stammered out.

"if you love me, why'd you cheat on me?" she snapped, taking off her heels and chucking them away from her because goddamn, they hurt.

she never raised her voice towards him. this was a first. she immediately regretted it.

how could she yell at him when she was the cause of his cheating? if she was enough for him, this situation wouldn't have been happening at all.

she shook her head.

"i'm-i'm sorry... i didn't mean to yell." she murmured, still not daring to look him in the eye.

he cooed at her, devastated to see act such a way. he walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

she sighed, squirming away from his touch.

"stop. i... i cant be here right now, i need to go. i don't know where, but i need to." she stated, heading for the door.

"baby, no. please." he pleaded, following after her.

she huffed.

"you can't do this to me." she argued, turning back around to face him.

she furrowed her eyebrows.

although she hadn't wanted to get angry just a minute ago, she was starting to get the sense that she should. sure, she was raised to believe that any given problem a man has is a woman's problem but — fuck that. jimmy page should be held accountable.

"you can't be athena's husband and a famous rockstar who fucks groupies every night. it wont work." she explained, giving him a sympathetic look.

he grunted.

"i don't fuck groupies every night..! di- that girl you saw... she was nothing but an accident! a mistake you walked in on!" he justified.

she scoffed quietly.

"no, i walked on a fun night. a fun night that i ruined for you." she corrected, her tears still streaming down her rosy cheeks.

he groaned at her words.

"just admit it!" she urged him.

he shook his head.

"no, there's nothing to admit!" he denied.

"yes! there is!" she furthered their argument.

"no!" he repeated.

"ye-!" she repeated back before being interrupted.

athena, amidst arguing with jimmy, was given the most passionate kiss she had ever been given by him; let alone anyone.