II. BROKEN WRISTS AND AWFUL NICKNAMES

"I'm not one for the dramatics," said Esme "but that might just have been the best hour and a half of my entire bloody life

"I'm not one for the dramatics," said Esme "but that might just have been the best hour and a half of my entire bloody life."

Amos and Cedric laughed in response as they made their way back to the tent. The air was thick with mirth as the Irish supporters celebrated their victory. Esme joined in with the singing of the Irish and at one point, almost fell over she got so caught up in the joyful energy (she was very glad her best friend was the Hufflepuff quidditch team captain and therefore able to catch her.)

"Oh Ced," she mused as they were getting into bed (Esme on the top bunk and Cedric on the bottom) "Thank you so much for bringing me, I want this night to never end."

Cedric chuckled, "It was just the best, wasn't it? And Krum's feint, merlin Esme I think im in love with him. Yes, I'd let Krum have my children." Cedric finished with a note of finality.

"Jeez Ced, however will you break the news to chang?" Esme asked with mock concern

"I wouldn't mouth of Es, you're the one in love with Fred Weasley. Merlin, I thought you might faint when he stopped you from falling over this morning." Cedric sniggered

"Not funny Ced, I want to die, I didn't even say thank you! The love of my life and he thinks im a stuck up twat who doesn't even know basic manners."

"I'm sure that thought hasn't crossed his mind once, the way he looked at you when you fell, well, next thing you know he'll be having your kids.

Esme flushed "A witch can only dream."

Cedric laughed "Go to sleep Esme you lost cause, we have to leave early tomorrow."

Esme sighed and rolled over to face the tent wall, the quidditch world cup replaying behind her eyelids, she drifted into a content sleep.

✰★☆

"Esme, Emse wake up." Someone was shaking her shoulder earnestly, she sat up quickly wiping the sleep out of the corner of her eyes.

"Wasgoingon"

She could hear screams echoing from outside the tent, but unlike before these weren't cries of happiness, they were undoubtedly laced with terror.

"We need to leave, right now!" said Cedric before rushing out of the bedroom.

Esme jumped out of bed, stumbling slightly, and chucking on a pair of sneakers before hurrying out of the bedroom.

She left the tent and was greeted by utter chaos. People were running towards the woods, fleeing something that was moving through the centre of the tents. A flash of light illuminated the scene in front of them, and Esme recoiled in horror. A crowd of wizards, tightly packed and moving together with wands pointing straight upwards was marching across the field, at first glance they seemed to be faceless but it soon became clear that they were wearing masks, shielding their identity. Above them, there were four people hovering 6 feet off the floor. Esme shuddered and turned to Amos and Cedric, waiting to find out their next move.