Chapter 2: Rose Suchak Ladder

"Why have you gone away~. Where is the laughter~. You used to bring me~." 

***********************************************

Heidi's POV 

(Time skip)

I woke up to the sound of 'Ho, Ho, Ho'. I sat up.

"Settle down there." Someone said from the roof.

"What the hell?" I whispered. I got out of bed, and ran into the hallway. I ran into Charlie.

"What was that?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said. We ran into dad's room. Charlie shook sleeping dad.

"Dad! Dad!" We whispered.

"What?" Dad asked.

"We heard a clatter." Charlie said.

"What, Charlie?" Dad asked. We heard a noise from the roof.

"There! A clatter!" Charlie said, shaking dad.

"Charlie, what're you talking about?" Dad asked.

"You know, "It came a big noise." It's coming from outside!" Charlie said.

"Charlie, it's just the wind or something." Dad said. "Come on, let's go back to bed." He sat up, as a bang cane from the roof. "Somebody's on the roof."

"Maybe it's Santa." Charlie said.

"Not now, Charlie." Dad said, picking him up, and sitting him on the bed. "I want you two to stay here, and I want you to stay right there." Dad started walking away, but came back. "Charlie, do you know how to call 911?"

"Sure. 911." Charlie said.

"Yeah. Great. Stay there." Dad said, walked away. But we didn't listen. Charlie ran out, and I ran downstairs. I grabbed my coat, and I put it on. I ran outside.

"Dad, what was it?" I asked, as I saw a man slide off of our room. He landed on his back. The man didn't move in the snow. "OH MY GOD!" I screamed. We walked up to him. "Is he dead?"

"I don't know." Dad said. Dad waved his hand over the man. "Whoo-hoo!" No reaction. Dad kicked the man's foot. "Hey, Buddy." No reaction. "Alright. You should just stay still. Perfect." Charlie walked out of the house.

"You got him!" He shouted, and ran over to us.

"Charlie, stay where you are! Charlie, would you listen to me? Stay up there!" Dad shouted.

"It is Santa!" Charlie said. "You killed him."

"I think I'm gonna be sick." I said, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Did not! It is not Santa." Dad said.

"Well, he was." Charlie said. Dad kneeled down in front of the man.

"He's got some ID on him, I bet. Fella, if you can hear me, I'm just looking for your identification." Dad said, checking the man's pockets. "Once I've figured out who you are, I'll give you a lift back to the mall." Dad pulled out a card out of the man's pocket. It said: Santa Claus. North Pole on it. Dad flipped it over. There was writing on it.

"If something should happen to me, put on my suit. The reindeer will know what to do." I read.

"Yeah right." Dad said. We heard bells. We stepped back to see reindeer and a sleigh.

"Woah." Me and Charlie said. I looked to see the man was gone, but his clothes were there.

"Dad!" I said, and we ran back over. "He disappeared. Woah."