Chapter 10: Sweater Clown

"Oh, I feel you Christmas~. I know I've found you~." 

*************************************************************

Heidi's POV 

(Time skip)

A few moths passed and it was Christmas Eve again. I also apologized to mom and Neal. But I was still mad at them. I just wanted to see my dad. I was sitting at the table next to Charlie, and the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?" Neal asked, getting up. I took a bite out of my bread. "You're not supposed to be here." I was curious, so I got up, and stood there. Mom and Charlie stood up too.

"Don't make me beat you up, Neal." I heard dad say. Dad's here?!

"Oh, would Santa really beat someone up?" Neal asked.

"I'm this close." Dad said.

"So, you still believe you're Santa?" Neal asked. Mom picked Charlie up.

"I don't know." Dad said.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Charlie asked, and the two men came into the room. "Of course you are, dad. How can you say that?"

"Think of all those kids." I said.

"The only kids I'm thinking about is you two." Dad said.

"Dad, we're fine." I said.

"You can't let them down." Charlie said, as mom put him down. "They all believe in you."

"Charlie, listen." Neal said, coming over to us.

"You listen!" Charlie shouted, making me surprised. "You think you know who he is. You don't!"

"Charlie." Mom said, kneeling down next to him. "Honey, listen. You're confused."

"I know exactly who he is." Charlie said.

"Charlie! He's not Santa!" Neal yelled. No one gets to yells at my brother, unless your his mother. I pushed Charlie behind me.

"Listen here, sweater clown!" I yelled. "You can't tell my brother what to and what not to believe! He's just a kid! It's his choice! Your not his dad! And he is too, Santa! We went to the North Pole together."

"We saw it. The elves are real old even though they look like me." Charlie said. "Bernard called me "Sport", cause he knew everything. And he helped Heidi get home. Right, dad?" Dad didn't answer. "Remember!" Charlie threw his snow globe to dad. Dad caught it. He was quiet for a minute, then he looked at us. He smiled. He remembers. We ran up, and hugged him.

"Thank you, kids. Thank you." Dad said.

"I love you, dad." We said. We pulled away, and turned to mom and Neal.

"Can you guys leave us alone for a minute? I mean, so I can say goodbye to them properly?" Dad asked.

"Sure." Mom said. Neal stormed away, angry. Mom chased after him.

"So! You saw the ball come to life." Charlie said.

"You bet I did. Well, kids, I guess I better go." Dad said.

"We'll get our stuff." Charlie said, grabbing my hand, and pulling me to the stairs.

"Wait, sport. Wait, wait." Dad said, stopping us. "I think it's a much better idea if you stayed here with your mom."

"We want to be with you, dad." I said. He chuckled.

"Boy, I love hearing you say that." He said.

"You mean we can go?" Charlie asked. We heard jingles.

"Boy, this bird is dry." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked behind dad to see Bernard sitting at the table eating the turkey. "Haven't you people hear about basting?"

"Bernard!" I said. I ran over, as he picked up his coat, and walked over. I hugged him.

"Hi Heidi." He said. I pulled away, and saw Charlie next to me. "Hiya, sport."

"Bernard, can we go? Please, can we go, Bernard?" Charlie begged, as Bernard ruffled his hair.

"It's okay with me." He said. And then, we were suddenly at the North Pole.