chapter one: greetings

pierce

she's right there just go talk to her! my subconscious screamed in desperation.

i took a deep breath as i looked at the girl two tables from me at her family picnic taking said breath.

why do guys have to make the first move? why couldn't it be vice versa? this is so stressful. i thought. girls have it so easy i swear.

i felt several beads of sweat pool at the forehead and rolled down to disappear in my eyebrow. i couldn't be bothered to do anything about them as i (creepily) continued to stare at the goddess in my direct line of sight.

"i know you not staring at my sis again." her brother and my fairly new friend, khalid quipped with a smirk.

"of course not." i said attempting to look away from the effortlessly seductive summer refreshment named enya.

"i know it ain't me you scared of. just go talk to her bro, over here looking like a lovesick puppy and shit." he said on an eye roll.

khalid stopped believing in love a heartbreak ago; however, he was an advocate for it, though he would never admit it. i on the other hand could not relate in the slightest. i loved to be in love and i had a want (need) for a certain enchantress.

you better listen to him fore i jump you. my irritated subconscious mugged.

how you gone- okay. i roller my eyes.

just as i was beginning to work up the courage, i heard khalid shout, "ay enya, come 'ere!"

"are you crazy?!" i whisper yelled to him. "i was just preparing to go over there." i said.

"right." he said sarcastically. "she coming so there ain't nothing you can do now." he shrugged.

he was right. she was walking our way looking like a dream. her braids flowed with the summer wind. her big brown eyes wide in wonder. her pouty brown to pink lips were coated in lip gloss and she wore a bright smile that made my chest and pants tighten. her beautiful mocha coloured skin glowed under the body lava she wore. her supple looking breasts sitting up in her top. the skirt of her yellow two-piece set bouncing with every step, displaying her thick thighs. i was entranced to say the least. she was a goddess.

"what's up?" she said looking to her brother for answers.

"my bro wanna talk to you. i'm gone get a drink and leave you to it." he slapped my shoulder and walked off.

she turned her attention to me. "yes?" she said. that was all she said and i was ready to blow. the excitement i felt from her even being in my presence was too much to bare.

her perfectly shaped eyebrow raised in confusion. i really need to say something.

"something." i let out. fuck!

"huh?" she questioned.

what did i just do? how do i save this? can i save this?

"uh. i mean, i-i'm pierce." i stuttered. great.

she giggled, making my breath hitch. "i know, but since were doing introductions, i'm enya." she said tiptoeing a little. so cute.

enya

the day was coming to a close and my family was packing up to go. as i getting up to say goodbye to my kin, pierce gently grabbed my hand. a sense of comfort overtook me at his touch.

"can i have your number?" he asked me pouting his already pouty bottom lips. damn did this boy know how to make a girl weak at the knees. "to you know, check up on you and stuff."

"and stuff." i chuckled. cue internal scream. i can't believe pierce wants my number. this is actually so surreal.

"give me your phone." i said holding hand out for the exchange.

"oh- here." he said passing his iphone xs to me. he's so cute when he's flustered, i thought.

i entered my number into his phone with a small smile and passed it back to him.

just as he was collecting it i asked "how do i know that your going to call me?"

" lying has never been my forte." he smirked.

"really?" i asked with a raised brow. trusting men has never been my forte.

"you think that was a lie?" he fired back.

my silence answered his question.

"you must not have much experience with being given the love you deserve." he traced my held hand with his thumb.

does this boy know the weight of his words?

"uhm... i'm gonna go say bye to my family." i said letting my hand go.

"enya-" he called but i had already been gone.

i shouldn't be upset because what he said was true but- that's just it. it was true.

all i knew was that i had to get away from him, he was going to be someone i don't know if i'm emotionally prepared to handle.

pierce

"fuck." i whispered angrily to myself.

why'd i have to be so (over)analytical? why couldn't i just keep the conversation light and free flowing like she was? of course no one wants to talk about a time in their life where in hindsight they didn't feel worthy of love.

how do i salvage this?

she was already gone and i was never one to fix my issues with people over the phone. i was a conversationalist at heart; but with her? i guess my observing nature got the best of my love laced tongue.

as i said my goodbyes to khalid and the rest of her family as this cookout was no longer of use to me (and the fact that it was over anyway), i thought that i would love to see enya again. not only to right my wrong but also because i feign for her presence.

i just hope she accepts me and the love i want to give her.

————
first chapter of the salvation of my art. i hope you liked it. i really want to finish this book because i love the idea and concept of it. until next chapter.

-b.