chapter 4: fine like wine

enya

"he's quite literally a dream. one i didn't know i had. he's so good to me, almost too good to be true. but i know he's good and true." i informed my therapist. "i just know he is." i said beaming, brushing the imaginary lint off of my skirt.

it's been a full month since i've been involved with pierce. i've been avoiding my sessions just so that when i saw miss dreiser again i'd have a good update to give. it wasn't the best decision but i just couldn't help myself.

unlike most, i enjoy therapy. i chose to start. i didn't come here because i suffer from depression but because i wanted to deal issues like self sabotage, social anxiety, deficits in attachment, etc. i was mature enough to know that she couldn't tell my how to "fix" my problems but i wanted to understand why these things were happening to me and to give my thoughts some clarity. i could safely say i've grown tremendously in the past two years or so  i've been doing it.

"oh wow." miss dreiser said with a small smile. "i never thought i'd see you this smitten." she commended. "now so you want to tell me exactly why you skipped a month's worth of sessions?" she questioned with a raised eyebrow. you know that looks mamas give when you overstep a boundary? that was the look i was receiving right now and it almost made me speechless.

"i- i just wanted to have good news. i really wanted what i have going with pierce to age a bit before coming here because this is the only thing in my life right now that's making me truly happy. i just didn't want to come in here with a sob story."

"but a "sob" story is still your life story. don't be ashamed of it, one day it will become history." she reassured me.

"i know, i know. i just couldn't help myself." i admitted.

"it's fine, just try not to make a habit of these hiatuses. i need you to be able to be assured and confident in all your life experiences so you can make informed decisions. you started therapy for a reason, always try to remember it." she said looking over the black rims of her glasses.

"so back to pierce." she said going back to the main topic of our session.

pierce

"how was your session?" i asked enya as soon as she closed the car door and rested her handbag on the floor.

"'twas good. i went through quite a few things since i did miss a months and all that." she said.

"hm. was one them me?" i asked smirking, teasing her.

"yes." she answered

"oh." i said. i didn't expect that answer. i knew there was a possibility of me being a topic of conversation but i knew enya enough to know that she didn't speak on situations with no longevity, so the fact that we're so new and she's already opened up to her therapist about us is surprising yet comforting.

"do you want to stay a little bit tonight? we can watch movies and eat dinner and stuff?"

"yeah." i said with a small smile. i was happy.

this would be the the first time i'll be entering her home. she's becoming comfortable enough to invite me in her space.

the growth i've seen in enya in the past month and a half is almost astonishing.

she opened her front door and walked in, leaving it open to accommodate me.

her apartment was small and cute, very minimalistic, very her.

"you can go ahead and get comfortable." she said handing me the tv remote. "i'm gonna go take a shower and prepare dinner and be right with you." she said heading to another room.

"'kay mama." i said turning on the tv.

20 minutes later she came from the kitchen with a plate of mac and cheese and a glass of red wine. she looked fine like that wine.

"on the menu tonight, left over mac and chilled moscato." she said with a cute giggle.

she headed back to the kitchen to get her dinner. her ass looked good in those red velvet shorts, looking like dessert.

"what you watching?" she asked getting comfortable beside me.

"uh, good girls." i informed her.

"i started watching that but i only got to like episode two." she said.

"it's good so far." i said.

we're good so far.

...

finally finished up the chapter. sorry for the wait but my mind just wasn't settled to write. vote, comment and share. until next chapter.

-b.