20

I woke up to Katherine's arms wrapped around my body and her face snuggled into my back. The air between us was hot and the sheets were in disarray. Sunlight shone through small cracks in the room and the rest of the house was obviously frigidly cold. I moved from under my best friend and wiped dried saliva from my mouth as I got up to use the restroom and look less like death on a stick. My vision cleared and annoyance flew through my veins of how I had to keep running from Mia. The only person I should fear wasn't even alive. Matter of fact, I haven't even had any time to mourn my dead family. Or to even wonder why they were dead in the first place.

I stared at myself in the mirror, bumpy skin and unbridled teeth. I knew I was beautiful, yea it may take a little sumin sumin here and there, but I got it. I wasn't stupid either. Maybe Mia has gotten my family killed and was distracting me with all of these games, quite literally and figuratively. And if so, why my family?

I splashed some water against my face a couple of times and debated if I should clean my teeth with my friend's toothbrush or not. I decided against it, I'd ask when she woke up. After all, this was going to become my house soon anyways.

After breakfast, which was eggs on toast with some syrup on the side of the plate, Samana returned from her shopping trip to the grocery store, finding Kat and I tidying up the house. "Thank you, y'all ain had to do that," Sammy laughed, setting the groceries on the counter. For some reason an odd strike of fear came into me. Sometimes I would feel like things would happen and then they happen. My heart began to beat quickly and it almost felt like a panic attack although there was no real panic in my case.

"What if Mia came here?" drifted through my head not long before I heard a doorbell ring. My stomach dropped and everyone in the house locked eyes. Sammy kept shuffling bags so that the person outside, who I was sure was Mia, would at least know someone was here as we silently tried to communicate. Samana cocked her head towards the back and I was now thankful for playing basketball because Kat and I were light on our feet as we skidded past closed windows and hid in the garage. We hid in Sammy's trunk and behind a small cooler. Fear seeped out of my skin in the form of sweat and I had the itching suspicion that Mia would find us in here. As if she were already here. I shuddered and tried to find warmth in Kat. We stayed dead silent even as we both realized we needed to use the bathroom.

We heard a door loudly slam and I forced Kat down with one hand. We locked eyes. We know how Samana takes to people slamming doors even just on one day of me knowing her and Katherine telling me repeatedly. Mia has to be inside doing this and Samana probably hurt because she would be going off right now. Or maybe Mia had left and slammed the door behind herself.....but Sammy still would have gone off.

I didn't want to risk moving in case the car made any car-y sounds. My body was now shaking in fear. I hated being anxious and not in control. My mom didn't raise me like that. In my opinion since she raised me off of horror movies she raised me to be strong and not to fear anything. No monsters under the bed no boogeyman only heights and insects. And now here I was, scared of a mere human being who was so disgraceful she shouldn't even be human.

I don't know if it was the stress, but I found myself escaping the trunk ignoring Kat's squeaks of disagreement and walking softly back inside the house. I took in the still air and Kat's breath on my neck. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I turned my head silently to confirm that it was her.

I only needed a glimpse to be sure and she stalked with me towards the bedroom. Fear rained from my armpits until I was thrown loudly and carelessly onto the bed. I looked up in surprise as anger surged through me.

"Mia you asshole!" I shouted.

Where the hell was Kat then? Had she taken advantage of her and killed her as soon as I had left the garage?

"You had never been too observant."

I ignored her hands. I had to. They were wrist deep in a red substance that cling to her every pore and her eyes were wild and her voice soothing. I wouldn't dare believe she had killed my friends. Nope, wouldn't believe it.

That she had....touched me with those vile, disgusting hands. I looked at the sides of my waist and let out a horrified squeal to see the.... blood on my shirt. Was she going to kill me next? Why couldn't she just leave me alone? We're Katherine and Samana dead because of me now?

Mia stared at me a moment longer then crawled onto the bed. Nothing held me to the bed, only fear and boy let me tell you how disgusted I am with my self right now. Before I could boot up she pinned me down. Pleasure ran through my body before uncertainty did. I had forgotten how strong she was and where she was from. Mia really could kill me. Then I'd be with my mama and my siblings....but that's not what she would want....that's not what I want.

I keep forcing her up even though it was pointless. Her eyes held amusement but her body language was cold. I knew I should have never went to the mall. My Magic School-bus ass. "Mia, what the hell, get off of me," I said in my most strong voice. Maybe words would get through her.

Mia smirked down at me and began sucking against my neck. Fear churned in my stomach. This couldn't be all she was here for. She munched on me, speaking, "You're all I wanted. Funny how I want two people now."

Kat walked slowly into the bedroom with a whip and some cuffs, butt naked and with a twisted grin on her face, untouched. Samana was in a garbage bag limp behind her, thudding to the ground. Her head stuck out but I could tell she was still alive, she only lost consciousness. At least they weren't both as cold blooded as they seemed. Then what was this blood from? What else had they did that I couldn't see from Samana...?

"Katherine," I said in an accusing tone because losing a friend was like losing a piece of your heart. Katherine released my hands from under Mia's grip quickly and the thought of freedom made my heart leap and my entire body seem to shine until Lat slammed my wrists against the bed frame and cuffed them through the little oval design.

My body deflated and a large gust of air left my lips. I stared coldly and bitterly at my ex friend and my enemy. Why had I agreed to another game? Why had I agreed to live with Katherine? No, I need to focus on the present......why did Mia have to like Katherine?