Chapter 1

"I will walk away and never come back, promise." He stepped closer to her.

"Good." She said before she crashed her lips against him, cradling his face as he broke away with a smile before flashing her against the nearest tree.

.

.

.

Caroline woke up with a gasp, feeling slightly hot and bothered from her dream of that days events.

"Why am I dreaming about him again???" She asked herself, slightly annoyed. This was not the first time she had dreamed of their encounter that day. Occasionally when she was feeling particularly lonely, her subconscious would remind her of the best sex she ever had.

Caroline got up from the bed she had spent her whole childhood in. Yes, both her parents were dead, but her mother left the house in her name. She wanted to make sure her only daughter always had some where to call home. But right now, she needed a reprieve. The events of the last few years in this town was more than she could bear right now, especially with the 1 year anniversary of her mother's death coming up. So she packed a bag and decided to leave town for a while. Before she left she had to let her friends know. She couldn't just leave with no note.

You guys know what time it is, I don't have to say it. I need some time by myself for a while. I'll be back in a few weeks, don't worry about me. I'll text you if I want to talk, otherwise don't try to reach out. I need some time. x

Deciding to take the scenic route, she hopped on 66 towards the Appalachian mountains. It was an hour or so before she really reached the mountainous areas of the highway, but she admired their beauty as she drove through them. She had decided she was going to find a gorgeous vacation cabin in the mountains to stay at.

Before she knew it, it was lunch time. She was hungry for human food, trying not to over indulge on the blood bags she had while she was away.

"Cracker Barrel!!" She squealed as she took the exit toward her favorite place to eat. She sighed thinking about all the times that her mom had taken her to cracker barrel to eat, just the two of them when she was little. Her mom called it their mommy-daughter dates.

Caroline walked into the cracker barrel and explored the little country shop she loved so much as a kid. She found a gorgeous cardigan she absolutely had to have, decided to pick up a puzzle to keep her busy at the cabin, and some outdoor boots. She admired the clothes they had available and her heart clenched at the sight of the precious little baby clothes. It ached her more than anything about being a vampire that she wouldn't be able to have children. She just wanted someone to love, someone to love her. To call her own.

Taking her seat in one of the small tables in the corner, Caroline ordered herself blueberry pancakes and chocolate milk. Her mind wandered to the dream, or memory rather, while she mindlessly tried to complete the peg game. How was he doing? Did he still think of her? Should she even be thinking about him? Despite his physical absence, the man sure knew how to stick around.

Caroline was shook out of her thoughts when her waitress laid a plate of blueberry pancakes in front of her. She could feel her mouth begin to water at scent of these heavenly pancakes.

"would you like a refill on your chocolate milk miss?" Her waitress asked.

"yes, thank you." She replied

Digging into her pancakes, her mind wandered back to the place it was before. A part of her was curious how he was doing. She was tired of Mystic Falls in all honesty. She wanted some spice in her life, but not the kind of spice Mystic Falls had to offer. It was too late to say she didn't care about Klaus. She already admitted that to him. She quit lying to herself after that day. She cared for him, but it was best that she not go down that road. Perhaps things have changed since then. Maybe she was willing to see where that road lead.

She thought she knew back then, she thought going down that road would be bad for her, that despite what her heart wanted, it would end in chaos. A major example of chaos she could think of was her friends. They hated him, for good reason too. If they found out, they would berate her, judge her, possibly ruin their friendships. But what if she just didn't tell them?

In a moment of lapse judgment, Caroline sent him a text. Just one word.

Hey