chapter 29

third person because writing in first is difficult and you have a lazy author.

"Peggy! Can you bring me juice!?" John shouts from upstairs.

Pegg groans from the kitchen, grumbling about how John was only supposed to be on bedrest. That didn't mean he couldn't get up for two minutes and get himself some apple juice. Peggy stomped up the stairs, whining the whole way there. She shoved a glass of apple juice in John's face and walked out.

A few minutes later John was screaming again.

"Peggy!"

"No! Get up and get whatever you want yourself!"

"Peggy!" John whines.

Peggy screams incoherently before stomping up the stairs once more.

"What do you want this time?" Peggy crosses her arms over her chest.

"Hamilton."

"Excuse me?" Peggy cocks an eyebrow.

"You heard me."

"Since when did you want him?"

"Since forever!" John groans, slapping a pillow over his face.

Peggy stands there for a few seconds, just staring at her friend. She hums before sitting next to him on the bed that was littered with dirty tissues. She scrunches her nose up in disgust before flicking one off the bed onto the floor.

"You need to figure out what to do about him. All I know is that I don't particularly like him."

"I didn't ask you that." John spits.

"You asked me for my help. Therefore you get my opinion."

"Never did I say I wanted your help or your opinion."

"It was implied." Peggy replies.

The room is silent before Peggy gets a call from Angelica. She puts the call on speaker so John can hear what's going on as well.

"What?" Peggy answers the phone.

"Hello to you too, Peggy. Don't come home."

"I do what I want." Peggy states blankly before hanging up.

John looks at her confusedly but her phone rings again. She groans before declining the call. John can just imagine what Angelica is feeling right now. Suddenly, his phone rings and Angelica's number pops up. The two spot the phone and dive for it. John gets to it first, answering the incoming call. He shoves Peggy away and locks himself in the bathroom so she can't hang up.

"John! Open the door!" Peggy bangs on the door repeatedly.

John ignores her protests before speaking to her older sister.

"What's up, Angie?"

"Um, there's a bit of a problem."

"What kind of problem?" John asks.

"You know how winter break is coming up right?"