A Fresh Start

Chapter : 01

One day morning , I reached my school and opened my locker I found nothing at all just a note from a girl saying ' meet me at the school canteen ' I was quite shocked  about it . But then I thought  'maybe I should ignore it' , then I decided I'll  just meet this woman .

I walked down the corridor. The canteen was at the end of the second floor so , I climbed the stairs and stood in front of the CANTEEN 'S door . I swiftly opened the door , at the far end I could see the chef who was busy with the pastries and I was busy searching for the one who left that note in my locker .

I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was another hijabi like me she said "Hi ....... ." She looked at me in utter disbelief and stared at my hijab and said ," Assalamualaikum wa rahmathullahi wa barakhathuhu ." I was thunderstruck , standing there mouth open ."  Wailaikum mussalam wa rahmathullahi wa barakhathuhu . " I finally said . She looked at me directly into my eyes and said , " Ooh I'm so sorry I guess I've dropped the note in the wrong locker . Actually it used to be Gaeul's locker and it was a surprise note for her . But ." She was dragging the conversation. " looks like it's changed now anyways , I'm Faridha and......let's be friends " . She had a big smile on her face . I was a little hesitant , but it's always good to know another hijabi so I was happy too , "Yeah , let's be friends ."

We headed back to our class . Actually we are in the same class , shockingly .  The teacher came in " Oh hello ! My dear students , I'm Miss Amanda . Your class teacher . I have done my BSc and MSc so I will be your science teacher . The first period is always the introduction period so let's begin with your introduction.  You should say your name and your father's name with your ambition and hobby . Okay , so now let's start with you ." She said pointing at the girl in the first bench . The girl stood up , she looked nerdy and very studious  , " My name is Nusaiba Fathima , my father's name is Basheer Imran , my aim is to become a doctor and my hobby is to read books."  I smiled , it looked obvious that she likes to read books .

Then I stood up and said , "My name is Nawal and my father's name is Rashid . My aim is to become a hafiza and my hobby is to make friends." The teacher gave me a polite smile . I sat down . Then Faridha looked at me with the same smile and whispered , "Interesting hobby by the way."

And just like that I got the feeling that our friendship is going to travel really far , and somehow that thought put a smile on my face . For the first time in my life , I was making real friends .