5 . a christmas miracle

summary- Jeff and Natalie make out instead of pretending to kiss in the last

length- 1.2k

a/n- a cute little thing I thought of while watching the vlog. i ended up watching it like 50 times for this and im not even mad. i made some changes to the party they went the same day

enjoy xx

When David had to figure out what to do for his annual Christmas fight, he knew just who to choose. And conveniently, he had a perfect segway for it. He knew Jeff wouldn't mind but it came to a surprise when Natalie agreed to the bit.

"So, I'm going to knock on the door then pretend to kiss. After a few seconds, I'll come in," David directed, shutting the door behind them.

Jeff lightly swung his legs, seated from the countertop. Natalie nervously waited for David to knock. It's not like they were actually kissing or anything. And they have kissed before, though it was on the cheek. There's nothing to be scared of. It's just Jeff. That's what she told herself to calm her nerves, though it didn't work. Cause, after all, it's Jeff.

"Ya nervous?" Jeff asked, filling the awkward air. Natalie's head snapped front, eyes bulging. She didn't know it was that obvious. Jeff let out a little laugh. He was also feeling nervous. He had been trying to get with her for some time now.

"I'm not nervous. I'm just doing some thinking." Natalie lied. She playfully pouted, arms crossed. Her cheeks turned rosy.

"You have a minute!" David shouted from across the door.

Natalie got as close as she could without invading his personal space. He motioned for her to come closer. She threw him a funny look, causing him to roll his eyes and chuckle.

"Shut up," Jeff said. He took her hands and guided her between his legs. He tightened them once she as settled in. Natalie tried hard not to let Jeff see her face. He watched her eyes linger around the room. Even inside, they twinkled like a warm Cinnabon in the fluorescent lights. Briefly, her eyes met his. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered.

David's pounded his fist on the door. She hesitantly rested her hands on his chest and inched closer to his face. He leaned towards her, letting his back and shoulder slouch. Their eyes shut. She could feel his cool breath above her lips. His cologne sat sweetly in her nose.

Her hands laid delicately on his chest. It was what he imagined a cloud to feel like. He wanted to kiss her. Like actually kiss her. But he didn't know whether she'd like that. He hovered over her lips for a few seconds, deciding to do it or not. Natalie had made the choice for him. Taking him by surprise, she planted her lips on his. For a split-second, he stood still. Realizing what was happening, Jeff found himself growing excited. His posture straightened and put more power into it. Their lips glided in synchronization. They both got lost, completely forgetting the purpose of the "kiss".

As his hand began to slip behind her back, the door busted open. Of course, it was the Slovakian vlogger with his camera aimed at them.

"Hey, guys- yo what the fuck?" David's smile turned into shock, realizing what they were doing. Jeff's eyes popped back to reality, fixing his posture.

"What!" She gasped. Natalie quickly let go of Jeff and covered her lips. She kind of surprised herself too.

"What were we doing again?" Jeff laughed nervously. "I think Natalie kissed me a little."

"A little? I told you guys to pretend to kiss, not make out!" David laughed.

"Are you sure those weren't the instructions?" Natalie said. She leaned onto Jeff during fits of laughter.

"Can we do that take again? Wasn't long enough." Jeff suggested, a smirk pulling the corners of his lips up.

"No, lover boy," David jested. "We should decorate."

Jeff hopped off the counter. Natalie let David get ahead before leaving the bathroom. Jeff was close behind. Again, he thought of getting her attention. But he didn't even know how to approach her or the situation.

"How was the bit?" Jason asked. He looked up from laying out gallons of milk on the kitchen counters.

"Oh, better than expected! I told them to pretend to kiss so like they didn't even have to make their lips touch. But when I get in there, they're making out."

"See! I told you they had something going on! Carly, Erin and I called it." Jason

"That was better than the one I had planned."

"Wow! The content gods threw you a Christmas blessing."

Hours later, they hadn't addressed it yet. They haven't even talked to each other. When Natalie saw him at the front door, she sprinted back to her room to let someone else grab the door. She couldn't believe she'd done that. She wasn't the type to make the first move. Something sparked in her. She'd been crushing for a while now, and she wanted to shoot her shot. Though Natalie had a feeling that Jeff had a thing for her, she put away any idea of her showing deep emotions.

Jeff tipped towed around the house, making sure not to run into Natalie. All he wanted to do was to have her lips back on his. But he hadn't found the words to tell her that he wanted to do it again. For a suave guy, he was scared of rejection. And he'd seen her reject plenty of guys. As they say, can't get rejected if you don't talk. Luckily for him, they never ran into each other at the house. So, he rode in a different car than her to the party. But he knew he couldn't hide from her forever.

They were invited to a large party that was hosted at a giant, beautiful house. Live music played in the distance. Jeff walked down the pathway and looked around the garden. Lights strung up on the trees twinkled above him. In the middle, a grand fountain caught the twinkle. Natalie stood alone by the edge of the fountain. He took a deep breath.

'It's now or never,' He thought. He walked in her direction. She was busy strolling on her phone.

Jeff tapped her shoulder, grabbing her attention. She turned to face him and inhaled the sharp, crisp air. Without saying anything, Jeff cupped her face, kissing her. She froze, not knowing what was going on. But she didn't dare pull away. Her heart fluttered. He began to push into it, letting his feeling for her drive him. His arms wrapped around her small waist. She slowly eased into it, reaching his pace. She slipped her hands over his chest.

This time, he didn't let anything stop him. He could feel her knees weaken under him. He smirked, hearing her moan lightly.

They pulled away once they ran out of air. He kept his arms around her. They were so lost in their moment; they didn't notice all their friends staring at them with their mouth gapped. Some of them even started to whistle and whoop.

"What was that?" She asked, breathy shaking. She felt his chest rise and fall quickly underneath her hand.

"I'm just finishing what we started," Jeff breathed. "I was thinking of picking you up and spinning you around, but I thought that was corny as hell."

"You're kissing me under these lights in front of a beautiful fountain and you're afraid of being corny. This rom-com sucks." Natalie chortled, playfully pushing him.

A smirk grew on his face. He lifted her from the bottom of her back. She let out a small yelp. She wrapped her arms around his neck and lifted her legs behind her. He kissed her softly on her lips.

It really is a Christmas Miracle!