5- parade

___________________THIRD PERSON POV- Before the Parade -

___________________
THIRD PERSON POV
- Before the Parade -

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark listened closely to their mentor, Haymitch Abernathy, as he showed the replay of the Quarter Quell reapings from every Panem district.

Interest was spiked into both the young District 12 victors as Haymitch explained who these tributes are and what they're capable of.

Haymitch had already passed through the Careers, explaining that, as per usual, all 4 would be lethal and deadly within the arena. A huge threat during the games.

Next came in were Wiress and Beetee from District 3 who won their games by using pure intelligence. This caught Katniss' attention, leaving a small thought to them being possible allies.

Haymitch quickly went through the Morphlings, deeming them not a threat to Katniss or Peeta.

The screen then changed over to the District 4 victors, revealing the unmistakable face of the Capitol darling.

"Finnick Odair right?" Katniss questioned, watching him and his stern expression. It obvious to read that he's upset with something— or someone.

"He won his games, the youngest ever. Extremely humble."

"You're kidding," Katniss snorts.

"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a total peacock, total preener, but he's the Capitol darling and they love him here. Incredibly charming and smart. Brilliant in water combat, his weapon of choice being the trident."

"Any weaknesses?" Peeta questioned, thoroughly invested in knowing who he may be fighting alongside or against in the arena.

The broadcast then switched to a young woman who's face was tight in fear as she tried to hold a stoic expression. As much as she appeared scared there was a determined look in her dark brown eyes.

"Aria Mitchell, a victor from a few years back. Extremely smart and does well in close range combat. She's Finnick's weakness. Aria was believed to have attempted to take her own life a few years back. Finnick saved her and both have been glued at the hip for years. If one gets taken out, the other is as good as dead."

Once Haymitch was finished, Katniss thought mainly about the District 4 victors and whether or not they should be trusted.

It was something that Katniss had to think deeply about, but she knew that there was something about Aria that leaned her more towards trustworthy rather than untrustworthy.