Chapter 1: Name of Storms

"Ah, there you are Tristana!" Poppy's voice rang. The Megling Gunner smiled and waved as she walked into the capital building, the floors creaking ever so slightly under the weight of the Yordle. The building was almost as old as the city itself, and kept clean. Tristana smelled paper and ink; the perfect smell for a building like this.

" You wanted to see me?" She asked almost gleefully. Poppy nodded, her pigtails bouncing at the movement.

"You and Teemo. I wanted to talk to you both about some business." Tristana smile was quickly replaced with a serious look and let herself plop down on a nearby chair. Poppy, the ambassador of Bandle City, made a heavy sigh as she watched the gunner.

"If he's not here in ten minutes, could you-" Tristana interrupted.

"Of course I will," Tristana smiled at her friend, Poppy went to open her mouth but was interrupted once more.

"And I'll make it quick."

"Thank you Trist. I appreciate it."

"So, can you tell me what it is?"

"No. I'm not telling you till Teemo gets here." Poppy gave her a hard look, making her shift uncomfortably in her seat.

"Sorry..." murmured the other Yordle.

The ten minutes slowly ticked by, making Tristana tap her foot anxiously. Where is he? She thought to herself. The door to Poppy's office opened, making a loud creaking noise that got both the Yordles' attention.

"Sorry I'm late." A familiar voice chimed. There in the doorway, stood a small, furry Yordle. He had tan-ish-brown fur (Tristana had bluntly told him one day that it was the softest she's ever felt) and bright blue eyes. Tristana smiled brightly at him.

"Teemo! What took you so long?" The gunner whined.

"Had to pick up a few things. Anyway, I'm here now." The said Yordle walked into the office after closing the door behind him.

"Glad to see you, Teemo." Poppy greeted and gestured for him to sit down. The furry Yordle complied and sat in an old mahogany chair. Both friends looked at Poppy anxiously, wanting to know what she had to say.

"This is about Summoner's Rift and... the Harrowing." Poppy suppressed a shiver. Tristana and Teemo both knew about the Harrowing and its not a pleasant thing to come across. Tristana remembers the tales she was told as a little child. It's a black mist with a suffocating aura. It's relentless and there's no escaping it. Once it had you, you were done for.

"So Teemo, the new jungle ha a new cra-" Without warning, the door slammed open, making the door scream from the sudden violence. All three unwillingly jumped at the sudden sound. At the door was another familiar purple haired Yordle with a face following right behind her.

"May I help you, Lulu?" Poppy spoke in a slightly aggravated tone. Lulu gulped quietly and sheepishly smiled.

"Yes, sorry. I wanted to ask Teemo or Tristana something." At the sound of their names, both looked at her, silently asking for her to continue.

"What happened to Veigar to make him so mean and so...evil?" The room became suddenly dead. No one wanted to speak. Even the sound of birds stopped as if they were also frightened. The only thing that could be heard was the faint fluttering of Pix. Teemo suddenly looked away, staring at the floorboards, easily noticing how worn they were. Tristana and Poppy exchanged glanced before finally bringing their gaze to Lulu. Tristana was the first to break the silence.

"Lulu, do you understand that Yordles need to be social?" She paused for a second.

"So, keeping one in solitary confinement would be dangerous. It's the worst thing that could possibly happen to us." Lulu nodded slightly.

"Veigar wanted to see the world beyond Bandle City and joined a merchant trade group but...things went wrong. Noxians captured him, Lulu. Veigar was tortured and left in solitary confinement for almost a year before he escaped. He blamed all of us for not saving him.

"After, he went all over Valeron looking for power. Then returned back here. Outside of the League, he's not much of a threat but I'm certain he still suffers from it." Tristana frowned.

"Veigar lost his mind and this... what you see, is just a hollow shell that was left." Teemo didn't look up from the floor but he hear the faint sniffling in her direction. After a moment, he looked up. Lulu was in tears. She could barely hold them in. The tears quickly filled her eyes and trailed down her cheeks. Before they had a chance to react, Lulu ran out the build.

"Lulu-!" Tristana got up from her seat and went to go after her. Before she could go any farther than a few feet, a furry hand stopped her, gently holding her own hand.

"I think you should leave her be for now." Teemo spoke softly, gently. It almost made Tristana blush. Poppy sighed heavily.

"She must really care for Veigar to be that upset." The ambassador frowned slightly.

"I'm going to try and see her later..." The gunner looked at Teemo then back at the door in which she exited abruptly.

"That seems like a good thing to do... but right now, we need to talk about the aftermath of the Harrowing."