Pika Pi/Prepare for Trouble!

Our heroes continue on their Pokemon journey along Route 1. Pinkie kept singing the theme as they continued to trek pass tall grass, and battle many Pokemon trainers just waiting for a battle. Sunset, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie got to show off their starter Pokemon. Sunset was given an Eevee, Applejack got Zubat, Rarity started off with Ekans, Fluttershy started with Caterpie, and Pinkie started of with Rattata. You, Twilight, and Rainbow also got their help to train Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle respectively. The battle levels for each of your Pokemon kept rising and rising. You all also took the time to praise your Pokemon, and encourage them in battle. It tuns out that they are getting closer to their trainers (you guys), the more you show your love for them! 

Anyway, you guys were getting closer to Viridian City, until you hear a single "Pika" by some of the tall grass in the area. 

(Y/N): No way! It has to be, I never thought he would be here! 

Fluttershy: (gasp) YOU DON'T MEAN?! 

Twilight: I only know one Pokemon that goes that. 

Out of the tall grass popped a tiny little Pikachu. 

(Y/N): YES A PIKACHU, JUST WHAT I WANTED FOR MY TEAM!! I'M GOING TO CATCH YOU LITTLE GUY, AND THEN YOU AND I ARE GOING TO BE PALS TO THE VERY END!!! 

The Pikachu let out a bored "Pika," and electrocuted you. 

(Y/N): YEOWCH! What the heck! 

Rarity: Goodness! (Y/N), are you alright? 

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm fine. Okay little buddy, this time you're going to be mine!! GO CHARMANDER! 

Charmander comes out of the pokeball that you just threw. 

(Y/N): Charmander use flamethrower! 

Charmander uses flamethrower, Pikachu takes damage. 

(Y/N): Alright take that Pikachu!! Okay Charmander, use tackle. 

Charmander charges at Pikachu, but Pikachu unleashes an electric shock on Charmander. 

(Y/N): C'mon Charmander don't give in! Use fire spin! 

Charmander uses fire spin, and Pikachu is pretty wounded. 

(Y/N): Nice job Charmander! Now then, you're mine Pikachu! 

You throw a pokeball, which you did stock up on back at Professor Oak's laboratory, and it hits Pikachu. 

The pokeball wriggles 3 times, and then-

(Y/N): ALRIGHT I CAUGHT A PIKACHU!! 

Rainbow: Well congrats buddy, you just caught the series mascot. So what nickname do you want to give it? 

(Y/N): Eh, I'm not one for giving nicknames. 

Pikachu soon comes out of the pokeball, and jumps onto your shoulder. 

(Y/N): Pikachu? What are you doing? 

Pikachu: Pikachu, Pika Pika! 

Fluttershy: I think he said, that he doesn't want to be in the pokeball. 

Twilight: Maybe the Pokedex says something. 

Twilight checks the Pokedex and it says "Some Pokemon don't like being inside pokeballs."