1 - Noticed

It was late at night. Everyone in the academy slept, and an absence of lit up rooms could be clearly seen through the mostly non-curtained windows.

Suddenly, there was a muffled huffing sound heard. Then there was a worryingly long groan and, again, complete and utter silence, which lacked even the occasional wildlife call, leaving a possible listener in unnerving anticipation.

Flug pulled on the rope that helped him climb into the room, closing the window once the rope was fully inside and then turning on the old lamp on his table. Thank lord they didn't give him a room too high up in the surprisingly large building, him only having to climb to the second floor.

He sighed, dropping his bag on the lonely bunk bed. Although it was a dormitory for all the academy's students, he was alone always in the room. He had been given roommates a couple of times before, but all of them ended up not wanting to live with him for one reason or another. Maybe it's because of his at times very poor and, frankly, concerning sleeping habits, but who really knows, right?

He quickly lay down on the bed, right next to the bag he brought with him, the bag on his head crinkly annoyingly, only reminding him of the pathetic reason he wore it. He was idle for a second, tired from all his night time activity and trying to think at least neutrally, if not positively. Then he sat up and reached out for his handbag, unzipping it. He got a couple of syringes full of liquid out, standing up from the bed and heading to his table, where he laid out all the medicaments he brought from his little adventure today.

The liquid in those syringes was synthetic adrenaline that he had gotten on the black market. He wasn't allowed to purchase it normally, as he didn't have a note from a doctor saying that he needs such a remedy. He only had one choice, really.

Why does he even need adrenaline, you ask? Well, he is making a new invention that could work against living beings, heroes and competing villains alike. This certain ray was designed to work against creatures more powerful than an average human. If someone was to be shot with this thing, the bullet would slowly trigger their entire nervous system, setting a miraculous amount of miserable signals to their brain, starting from the point where the bullet hit the target and spreading in all directions, then damaging the nerves so that a full paralysis was sure to follow. He needed adrenaline so that the affected person wouldn't pass out from such an intense feeling, as well as wanting to make it all the more effective. Sure, it could theoretically tone the pain down a little, but it would still be worth it from the user's standpoint: the gun would make the affected scream in pain as long as they're not fully paralyzed, making their seizure very enjoyable to watch.

Though, first and foremost, he was making it so that he could defend himself from bullies. Yes, he hated them to the point where the best answer was to kill them. He's in the Black Hat's academy of villainy, after all. All the students here are disgustingly violent, even for his standards, and some merely decided to use their fellow classmates to satisfy their urges.

Flug sat down in his chair, sighing again. He admittedly had a rough time being here. He had wanted to quit a couple of times, but his only friend Dementia encouraged him to stay each instance. She was trying her best and defending him whenever she got a chance. It was pretty hard for her to get those opportunities too, considering that she wanted to become a villain's henchman and not a scientist, like the bag-headed man himself, so she had completely different classes at times.

But the thought of his bullies finally suffering made his mood a lot better. He brushed all of his off-topic thoughts off, finally beginning to work on his greatest project yet.

This one would work, he was sure of it.

════ ⋆☆⋆ ════