- II -

... Two months later ...

"ARRGHHH!" Queen Edith screamed in agony as she began to feel her first contraction.

The Queen had gone into labour a little earlier than expected, they thought maybe the Witches curse had something to do with it.

"Keep pushing! You're nearly there" a servant said as she leant around the bottom of the Queen, ready to catch the baby.

"Come on darling, you're doing wonderfully" King Charles praised as he held around the Queens hand tightly, she squeezed with all her might.

"ARGHH!" she cried out, as she squeezed her eyes shut and groaned out as she pushed.

"Just a little move" the servant said as she held her arms out.

"ARGHHHHHHH I-I CANT- I CANT PUSH ANYMORE I CANT.." The Queen cried as she leant round and rested her weary head into her husbands hand and he bowed down to her height.

"Edith my dear, you can do this" King Charles reassured her, before kissing her forehead.

The Queen shook her head in despair as she struggled to gain energy to keep pushing.

"Come on, just a little further my Queen I can almost see the head" The servant said with joy as she got prepared for the birth.

"Okay..okay" the Queen said through deep breaths, preparing herself to push once again.

"ARGHHHHHHHHHH" She screamed in sheer agony as she pushed as hard as her body could allow her before a babies cry was heard.

The baby slipped down into the servants hands and the room was echoed with the sound of the babies cry.

"Oh, it's a beautiful baby girl!" The servant gasped as she leant up, the baby in her arms, she rocked her slightly.

The Queen, her mouth ajar, felt a beaming smile overtake her face and the tears begin to roll with the joy she felt. She gazed up to the King as she held around his hand tightly.

"You did it my dear" The King said as he kissed her knuckles wrapped around his hand before gazing back over to their new baby.

"We'll get her cleaned up for you" The servant said as her and a few other servants huddled around and cleaned up the baby before putting her into her gown.

"Here she is" the servant said as she slowly handed their new child over to the King. He smiled as he cradled her in his arms, mesmoized by her beauty.

The joy of having a new child overwhelmed the King and Queen, they had tried for many years and unfortunately struggled in becoming pregnant. But now, the Queen being able to give the kingdom the one thing they needed, a new heir to the throne.

This child would help in ruling over the kingdom and allow the kingdom of Misthaven to stay safe from any dangers that they may face.

The King turned to the Queen before noticing a sudden change in her health. The queen laid back onto the pillows and began to breath weakly.

"My dear, what ever is the matter?" The King asked as he handed their child to the servant carefully before kneeling down by her side, her eyes closing a little.

"I don't-I don't...know I feel..a little lightheaded that's all" the Queen struggled to say as her body weakened.

"Doc? What's wrong?" The King asked hastily as he spun round to the doctor who was checking her temperature.

The doctor paused a moment as he examined the symptoms before replying.

"She has lost a lot of blood from the childbirth and her body is weakening by the minute.." he replied back.

"So do something!" The King shot back worriedly as he held around the Queens hand, she began to struggle to keep her eyes open.

"Charles.." she managed to croak as she turned her head slightly to face him.

The King stared into her eyes, panicked by her downfall in health waiting impatiently for the doctor to find a way to save her.

"Yes, my dear" King Charles replied.

"I just...want...you..to know that..that I love you..with.." the Queen stopped as she began to cough weakly before continuing.

"with..all my..heart" the Queen added as she finally spoke the words before letting out a long breath and her eyelids slowly fluttered shut.

"Edith" King Charles spoke alarmed as he felt her hand loosen from his.

"Edith!" King Charles said louder now as he raised from his knees, gazing at her lifeless body in fear.

"I'm afraid..she's gone.." Doc said softly as she gently checked her pulse. He bowed his head, along with the other servants who stood around.

"No..no Edith, my dear no!" King Charles cried out, realizing what had happened.

"Oh Edith!" He cried as he fell down by her side, he placed his hand on her cold cheek and stroked it gently.

"I..I love you too my dear" he managed to croak out as his voice broke and he began to cry. Falling into her side, he held around her lifeless body.

Just then the baby began to fuss and the servant turned her attention, rocking her back and forth shushing her.

"Give her to me" King Charles ordered as he arose from his wife's side and turned to face the servant now holding their child.

The servant didn't say anything but carefully handed the baby to the King who gently held her in his arms.

He stared down at her through his watery eyes as he watched her stop crying but instead begin to gurgle.

"I may of lost my beautiful wife..but I will always have my beautiful daughter" the King spoke out as he held his daughter proudly.

..........

"Her name..is Princess Arabella and for one day she will be Queen and rule over this kingdom as the rightful leader" King Charles bellowed out to all the people of Misthaven who stood below and watched as he held his beautiful daughter up above the balcony edge.

The crowds gasped and muttered, gazing up at the sight of a new baby and were all mesmerized by her beauty as everyone who had ever laid eyes on her were. For one of the traits given to Arabella by the fairies was the gift of beauty, which as the grew shone more and more. So, by the age of 6 Arabella was the fairest one in all the lands and no beauty could match the view of hers.