- IV -

Arabella gasped as she gazed around at all the wondrous fruits and flowers surrounding the forest floors.

"Oh my" she said as she admired some bright red roses which grew tall against the oak tree. She gently plucked at its stem and held it carefully in her hand, admiring it.

She then tucked the rose just slightly behind her ear and using the sword as a reflection from the light glanced at herself in it.

She smiled as she noticed the red bud of the rose sit perfectly on her hair, she brushed it gently, adjusting it.

Suddenly, Arabella was surprised to see an old lady wobble towards her with a walking stick and carrying a little weaven basket in the other hand, she picked up some flowers from a nearby flowerbed.

She smiled at the sight, before having a thought and gasped raising her hood covering her face so she wouldn't be spotted. She thought perhaps it may be one of the servants and they may recognize it was her and take her back to the castle, as well as mention to her father about her little adventure.

"Oh, hello there" the old lady exclaimed as she looked over to Arabella.

Arabella jumped as she turned around to reveal herself to the old lady and bowed her head, covering her face a little.

"Oh, I'm ever so sorry you needn't be scared, I was only trying to say hello" the old lady exclaimed.

"I say what a pretty red dress that is" the old lady added.

"Why thank you, it was my mother's" Arabella spoke softly.

"So my dear, what is your name?" The old lady questioned.

Arabella stood, her hands clasped together, unsure of whether or not to trust this stranger.

"Arabella" she eventually replied, the old lady smiled.

"Arabella..well isn't that an unusual name" she added and Arabella nodded.

"Well I better be getting back, it was nice meeting you" Arabella said cheerfully, before hurrying back towards the castle grounds.

The old lady waited a moment, before the Witch half transformed back and she snarled.

"Ugh, sickening. I cannot wait to finally get my revenge and cast a spell on that retched Princess" she snapped in disgust before using her magic and vanishing.

..........

Arabella hastily walked through the forest, unaware that she had actually become lost, suddenly she noticed a young man sat further along by a stream playing an instrument.

She gazed over at him, leaning against a nearby tree as she became allured by his talent. She had seen all the boys her age who had come to balls or been at her royal lessons but none of them were as intriguing as this boy was.

She slowly walked over to him listening carefully to him play before she realized she stood only a few feet away from him hiding slightly behind the tree trunk.

"You play wonderfully" Arabella finally spoke up, scaring the boy who hadn't realised anyone was there.

"Oh! Th-thank you-" The boy said as he got up from sitting on a log and over to where Arabella was hidden behind the tree.

"Come, step into the light I won't hurt you" he chuckled, Arabella slowly walked from behind the tree and pulled her hood down to reveal her face.

"My.." he blurted out unintentionally, noticing her beauty and Arabella blushed also noticing the boys reaction.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I just..couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are" he added and Arabella smiled.

"Why you are ever so kind" she exclaimed before curtseying.