Back Again - Willow's POV

"I have eyes on the target."

My hushed voice blended in with the hustle and bustle of the city streets. But that's okay, because the only person who needed to hear that six word sentence was on receiving end of my Bluetooth earpiece. I glanced up from the newspaper I held in front of my face, boring a hole into the back of the blonde haired Fabio's head. His stern expression told the world that he wasn't too fond of the phone call he was currently participating in.

"Whatever he's talking about, he doesn't seem amused." I relayed, not taking my eyes off of him. His phone call ended with an abrupt hang up on his end, leading to him nervously glancing around until his gaze started coming towards my direction. My eyes widened slightly before darting down to the black ink and silly cartoons of the comic section.

"Shit, he keeps looking back here." I whispered. My partner's voice finally came through the earpiece.

"You're not making it obvious, are you?"

I scoffed, offended that she'd even consider I'd fuck up the mission.

"Me, make things obvious? Never."

Silence followed for a few minutes.

"You're totally making it obvious."

"Sheesh, have a little more faith in me, will ya?" My eyes skimmed down the ink, noticing an ad for half off stilettos. I gasped in delight, "Oh, girl, you gotta see the shoes on page three!"

"You're despicable." She retorted.

My eyes darted up from the newspaper again, only to see the target was now a ways down the street. This gasp wasn't out of delight, but out of "oops, I have, indeed, fucked up."

"He's heading your way!" I panicked, jumping up from my seat and tossing the newspaper onto the ground. I glanced from him to a side street before taking off in the direction of the car. Cutting across an alley, a white sports car came into view. I sprinted, practically ripping the door off it's hinges and slamming myself into the passenger seat. I turned to my partner, Ivy, "Did they leave yet?"

"Not quite, you got here just in time." She nodded her head towards the direction of a red convertible parked a few cars down. After taking a closer look, I saw blondie glancing around before disappearing into the passenger side of that same red convertible. Their car whipped out of the parking spot, and I sighed in relief. I didn't mess anything up after all.

"Well then, I guess we should catch 'em." I grinned. Ivy followed suit of the convertible, maintaining a safe distance. After about 5 minutes of tailing them, the convertible sped up, signalling that they realized they were being followed.

"Shit, I think they caught on." Ivy grunted.

"Then there's no reason we can't put a little pep in our steps!" I exclaimed, "Turn down this next street, it's a short cut to the intersection they're heading towards."

Ivy only shook her head before taking my advice. She whipped the car down a side street and managed to swerve in front of blondie's car. Unfortunately for us, his car swerved down another nearby road.

"God damn it." Ivy breathed, before running a red light we weren't aware of.

"You have to be careful, Ivy, before the police decide we're a good target today! Now, take this street up to the left, it'll loop around to the same boulevard they should be traveling on." I pointed to a street 2 blocks away. Ivy obeyed my directions and swerved down that road, speeding around the neighborhood roundabout and coming out on the same boulevard I just described.

"And would you look at that?" I smirked, pointing to the red convertible veering through traffic. Eventually, they took an exit ahead onto the main highway.