Vacation

There was no talk about the incident at her parent's house the day after or for any matter actually. On occasion, Bucky would find Sofia talking on the phone in Spanish to who he assumed was someone in her family.

Everything went back to normal after a week or so. Sofia was back in meetings with movie producers as well as television producers. They wanted her to be the main star of everything they were deciding to put out in the fall. With new opportunities on the line and endless conversations with her attorney, as well as Peggy, who was her manager, and the rest of her team, Sofia suddenly became insanely stressed.

Bucky would hear her wake up at odd hours of the night, turning on every single light of her house and making lots of noise. When he'd wake up the next morning he found things rearranged or parts of her house cleaned to the hilt.

Peggy also frequented more than usual. Natasha would show up sometimes, too. She had mentioned to Bucky that Sofia's mood kind of scared her and she wasn't fully equipped on how to deal with her. Peggy was way better at it than her.

While Peggy would spend time in Sofia's room, Natasha and Bucky usually hung out. Sometimes they watched movies or played games. He had recently picked up a basketball when he and Sofia went out shopping and a couple of days later she surprised him with a hoop. So whenever Natasha was over, they'd play one on one; Natasha usually kicking his ass without breaking a sweat.

Bucky and Natasha played best of five, Natasha winning the first three rounds leaving Bucky breathless and defeated. She laughed at him and tucked the orange ball underneath her arm sauntering over to the front door and opening it, Bucky following a couple of steps behind her. He shut the heavy door behind him just as Peggy and Sofia walked down the stairs. Something about Sofia seemed different. Her step was lighter and her face wasn't set in a tight-lipped smile.

"Where's Nat?" 

"Right here," Natasha announced, opening a water bottle and taking a swig. 

"Ready to go?" Peggy asked, eyeing her current state.

"I guess." The redhead shrugged. "Bye, Sofia."

"I would hug you but you're all sweaty," Sofia said with a raise of her brows and a disgusted look on her face.

Natasha's mouth fell open, feining offensiveness towards Sofia's comment. "Fuck you."

Sofia then burst into laughter and so did Natasha. They both walked up to one another and squeezed the other tight, Sofia not actually caring that Natasha was sticky and sweaty. When they pulled away they smiled at each other and then Peggy and Natasha disappeared. 

Bucky walked into the kitchen, removing his shirt from his damp body and throwing it over his shoulder. Sofia stopped in her tracks when she saw his muscled back roaming around her kitchen. He really needs to stop doing that, she thought.

She cleared her throat. "Hey, I have something to ask you."

Bucky looked back at her, a small grin growing on his scruffy face. "What's up?"

"So... I've been really stressed lately," she laughed awkwardly. "And I want to apologize for being so moody and weird."

He shook his head, waving her off. "Miss. Gonzalez, it's okay. We all deal with stress differently."

"Still," she pressed. "Just accept it."

Bucky laughed, holding his hands up in the air and nodding. "Okay, okay. Apology accepted."

"Thank you," Sofia sighed. "But I still haven't finished." Bucky raised his right brow at her and watched as a bright smile erupted on her face. "I just planned a week-long trip to Mexico and I want you to come with." Her eyes were twinkling.