ENTER THE DRAGON

ENTERTHE DRAGON

London- Midnight

On the upper floor of amulti-storey car-park in Battersea, a motley collection of rustingold Citroen camper vans and ageing Renaults had gathered. To anymember of the public this gathering would largely go unnoticed(unless they were a fan of old French cars, which is highlyunlikely). However this eclectic collection of continental scrap wasin fact a clue that there were Wytches in the area!

To find more than oneWytch in the same area is highly unusual, to find a gathering of themon the upper floor of a multi-storey car park in central London isunheard of!

As the bells of Big Benbegan to chime midnight, the gathering was almost complete. They hadarrived from the four corners of the country in a great cloud of oilysmoke and mechanical clatter.

From the dark northcame Wytches from the remote Highlands of Scotland, and from theSouth came Wytches from the dark moors of Bodmin. Only when thethirteenth member of the coven arrived would the sacred circle becomplete. From the shadows emerged a figure in white, barefoot shecrossed the carpark towards them. Her long white cloak trailingbehind her, fastened across her shoulders with silver clasps in thestyle of the ancient Celtic tribes. Around her waist she wore abronze girdle decorated with scenes of bearded warriors, and in herhand she carried a sword, its edges glinting in the moonlight.Lowering the hood of her cloak she bowed her head and greeted thoseassembled.

"Wesap hãla!" sheannounced in the old Saxon English.

The members of thecoven replied as one "Yeghes da!"

The thirteenth Wytch,known since the days of the druids as the White Dragon took herposition in the center of the sacred circle.

"My sisters, theeternal daughters of the Iceni" her voice sounded clear andprecise in the still night air

"In the dark wegather, hidden in the shadows. Unable to feel the sun's rays on ourfaces or the blessed earth beneath our feet. For so long have we onlyknown an age of fear, hidden from the vengeance of imperial armiesand the cruelty of the inquisitor's wrath. Aye, for it has been solong that we have become myth & legend, while the empire neverleft. Now the great forests are no more and even the air above hasturned against them. The witless believe they dwell on a differentearth and under a different sky. They only know how to secure gain,and worship gods of gold. The truth is we allowed them to gaincontrol. We allowed them to set foot on this island, and they neverleft. We should have expelled them as we did their illustriousCeasar."

She asked that thegroup lower the hoods of their robes so that they were no longerhidden and that they each light a candle.

"The light bringsreason, for in reason there is love. The black you wear is inmourning for our people lost and an oath to never forget theoppression that followed"

Holding her sword atarm's length she asked that they close the circle by holding hands.

"Let the power ofthis sacred circle grant us protection, truth and light"

The White Dragonexplained how the recent scare stories in the press were being usedas a smokescreen to push the Wytches out into the open. Once theywere identified it would be a whole lot easier for the authorities toget rid of them for once and for all.