Chapter 4

Why was my pillow so hard?

I tried pushing and shifting my pillow but it wouldn't budge. I rolled onto my back to stretch and when I opened my eyes, I remembered I wasn't in my room, I was on AJ's couch. When I looked around, I made direct eye contact with the guy laying next to me.

I rolled back over and closed my eyes. Then I realized:

The guy laying next to me?

I shot up from the bed and my head whipped around, my eyes settling on Nathan looking quite amused by the situation.

"Good morning," Nathan said kind of awkwardly.

I looked down at myself to make sure I still had clothes on, then tried fixing the mess that was my hair.

"Morning," I breathe. "What happened?"

"We had the most amazing sex and honestly, I'm a little offended you don't remember."

I stare at him processing what he'd said. We'd had sex?

I was on the verge of having a panic attack when I remember falling asleep during New Moon. I glared at him.

"No we didn't. We were watching TV and we both fell asleep, then Aria and AJ came home, saw us, left us alone, and went to bed," I say. "They're probably going to say something about this when they wake up, fair warning."

"Whatever." Nathan smirks and gets up to stretch.

"Not used to sleeping on your own pull out couch," I tease.

"I mean, I've fallen asleep on the couch multiple times, I've just never had to share it with someone else. Especially someone who hogs the whole thing."

"I hog the bed?" I question offendedly. "You should try sleeping with Aria."

"But I don't want to sleep with Aria, I'd rather stick with you. Maybe a real bed next time though?" he said jokingly. Except I didn't want it to just be a joke.

He smiled at me and neither of us knew what to say. Maybe he felt the same way?

I laughed, breaking the momentary silence. "Yeah right, in your dreams." And definitely in mine.

"How'd you know?" He smirked, unsuccessfully trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

Trash the hotel, let's get drunk at the minibar.

My eyes widened and I scrambled to find my phone.

Make the phone call, feels so good getting what I want.

By the time I turned it off the song had already finished an entire verse and half of the chorus.

"What was that?" Nathan asked me.

"It was my alarm."

"You have a specific song set for your alarm?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Wow, that's just--" He cut himself off, running a hand through his unkempt hair.

I waited. "Just what?"

"I mean, having a specific song to play as your alarm." He looked me in the eye and grinned. "So fancy."

I glare at him. "Screw you."

"Just tell me when." He was giving one of the soul melting smiles again.

Shaking my head, I stood and walked into the kitchen turning away so he wouldn't see my smile.