Once Upon A Time - 2

[Eliza]

The week passed by in a dragging fashion. I work at an elementary school as a student teacher for first grade. Basically a teacher in training because I'm too young. I love the students as if they were my own kids, and I love my job- and I'm so lucky to actually get paid as a student teacher. But, there are a few days that I'd love to just stay in bed all day and watch The Breakfast Club.

When Sunday came, Kat had one thing on her mind.

"You were at the part where Liam and Lauren just met." She said, as she crawled into her twin-sized bed, snuggling under the light blue comforter and covers. I pulled the sitting chair that remained next to her bed at all times, for this kind of thing. There was a moment when I just stared at her. Thinking.

"Aunt Liza." she said, waving her hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my daydream.

"Right. They had just met." I sighed 

"Once upon a time." Kat began for me, excitedly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost immediately after meeting Liam, Lauren was rushed back upstairs by Daniel and back to her house keeper Jane. 

"You know you're not supposed to converse with the other guests! They are here to relax!" she scolded the girl.

"He introduced himself to me! What am I supposed to do? Pretend I'm not there? I'm not invisible!" Lauren threw her arms up for emphasis. "It wasn't like I was making his stay any less comfortable. He seemed really nice!"

"Yeah, they all do." Jane rolled her eyes, and walked out of Lauren's bedroom. 

Lauren let out a frustrated huff, and plopped down on her bed, looking around the room. She admired all the things that her parents had sent her, the things bought to entertain her in her solitude, as well as little trinkets and gifts. Her eyes finally rested on the wide single window that served for her to see out across all of London, a padded window seat below it. The view allowed her to see out not only across all of the city, but also the front of the hotel. This is where she spent the next few of her days.

...

For the next few days, she watched the very few people come and go from the hotel, and began to watch more closely, Liam. The band member would leave every Thursday evening around 7pm and return at 11pm. Always alone. Always stressed out. Lauren was very curious about this boy, and continued with her 'research'.

When she could, she'd visit Daniel or Charles (the day guard) in the lower lobby. Normally with the small hope that one day that the elevator would stop, and this boy would get on. More than anything, this was an infatuation for the girl. She hadn't come into contact with a boy her own age for years. And one day, when she was riding the elevator down at 6:57 it stopped on floor 6. 

The golden doors, slowly slid open and there stood- none other than, Liam Payne. He wore dark washed jeans, gray shoes, a dark gray crew neck shirt, and his black pea-coat. The boy stared at her for only a moment, and then greeted her with a smile. 

"Good evening." he said politely and stepped on. And for some reason, Lauren couldn't find the words to speak to him.

"Having a nice day?" he asked politely.

Still no words.

Lauren merely nodded vigorously, keeping her stare straight ahead at the gold doors. Her hands began to sweat, face was flushed with heat, and it felt like her entire body was on fire. 

Floor 5.....4.....3...

Say something, Lauren. She thought to herself. 

The elevator dinged as they reached the bottom. Liam put out his hand, a kind gesture for the 'lady' to exit first. She stepped out and he followed. Lauren watched him begin to leave and pushed her to say something as he reached the door.