Insults and Tension

Ari

The next morning I cleaned up the cabin a bit before Percy and Annabeth came over for inspection I lit a vanilla candle that I got for my birthday and soon it filled the whole room with the sweet smell. I smiled and hummed as I swept the floor dancing around with the broom before I heard a soft chuckle behind me and I jumped as I dropped the broom.
"You have the grace of a ballerina." Percy snorted as my face flared.
"I know I can't dance, you don't have to judge me." I pouted as he came in and hugged me from behind.
"Is that vanilla?" He asked.
"Yeah, my aunt gave me a candle for my birthday." I said as I turned my head and kissed his cheek as we swayed lightly before we heard someone clear their throat. We turned to see Annabeth looking around.
"Percy, did you grab the reports?" She asked.
"Yeah." He said before he kissed my cheek and walked over to her.
"4 out of 5." Annabeth said pointing at my bed and I let out a groan. I had forgotten that I started to pull out my clothes for my suitcase to put away in the drawers and forgot them on my bed.
"Ok, I'll fix that... totally slipped my mind." I said waving my hand before they said goodbye and went onto the other cabins. My morning chore was to go and check up on the horses and the little kids who were under 12. A few younger kids made their way to camp and we set up a little place for them to stay until they turned 12 and their godly parent chose them.
I stopped by the stables first to check up on Blackjack and Storm.
Princess! You came back! I've missed you so! Stormie whinnied as I smiled softly and stroked her muzzle.
"I've missed you too, girl, and you too, Blackjack." I scratched down his next.
Thanks, Boss lady. Blackjack neighed in satisfaction. Boss missed you too. He kept coming back and talking to us or he would hold your pillow at night. He added as my face burned. I gave them some sugar cubes before I walked out to go check on the younger kids.
"Hello my darlings." I said as I walked in.
"Ari!" They yelled and ran over to me.
"We missed you!" Mateo exclaimed.
"I missed you too, all of you." I kneeled down as Nianne ran into my arms.
"Can you sing to us?" A little girl with grey eyes named Sophie asked.
"One song." I said.
"Can you sing us the Elsa song?" A little girl named Annabelle asked.
"Which one?" I asked
"The North wind one!" Carter, the 10 year old girl who likes to garden, said as I nodded.

Once I finished the song, I had to leave so I gave all of them a kiss on the head before I left to find Percy.
"-You're a coward Percy Jackson!" Annabeth yelled as I walked over. "Maybe you should just go on your trip with Rachel!" She yelled.
"That's not fair!" Percy yelled back as she walked away.
"Perce?" I asked as his head snapped towards me. Once his blazing green eyes met my worrying blue ones, his face dropped and he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me.
"I'm sorry." He said.
"She's just upset about Luke, she'll calm down, you two just need a little space. Wanna go down to the docks with me?" I asked softly as he pulled his head from my shoulder.
"Are you sure that's it?" He asked.
"If I joined the bad side, would you be a little upset?" I asked as he slowly nodded.
"But I wouldn't take it out on everyone else!" He tried.
"You never know how you'll react to something until it's in front of you. When I get upset like that, I usually try to beat something up as well." I shrugged.
"Do you ever get that upset?" He asked.
"I can, and I have. Trust me, it's been a lot worse then that. I broke about 3 windows and ripped apart a soccer ball." I pursed my lips.
"What did they do to get you that angry?" He asked nervously.
"My best friend tried to beat up a girl in a wheelchair and I pulled her back before she could hurt her, and the blame was put on me." I said. "A different kid beat up my brother and I broke his arm before the principal had to restrain me in a room and I punched holes through the walls." I added as he nodded. "Let's just say I got kicked out of a few schools on the first day because of my anger. Now, thankfully, it's not as horrid, but I can do it again if I feel like I have a just reason."
"Ok, I'll keep that in mind." He laughed as he bumped into my arm gently as we walked to watch Beckendorf's burial shroud go up in flames before we talked to Silena. I could see that she hadn't changed her mind as she ran off and Clarisse came over before I could go after her. We tried talking to her and getting her to help us through a debt she owed Percy, but it didn't work.
"You're a princess! Can't you order them or something?" She asked.
"As much as I want to, Clarisse, I'm just a princess of love and family everlasting, I have no real authority over anyone or anything. I can't do anything here. I can try to talk to them, but I can't guarantee that they'll listen or do anything about it." I tried.
"If you can't force someone to do something, what good are you?" She asked as my heart dropped.
"Hey! Clarisse! She's the only one who's trying to help you! Cut her some slack." Percy growled as I put my hand on his shoulder.
"It's fine. I hope you realize who's here for you before you can't have them back. I learned that the hard way a long time ago and I regret every moment that I could have spent with them and I didn't." I said before I turned away so she couldn't see the pain behind my eyes.
"Are you ok? Do you want to go to the dock?" Percy asked as I nodded and he took my hand before we made our way over.

"She's right, you know. How am I supposed to be a princess of love and family everlasting, if I never had that when I was a kid?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me.
"Well, you did have a family afterwards, with Spiderman, right? And now you can have that here too... if you want." Percy mumbled.
"What are you trying to say?" I asked.
"Gods Ari! What I'm trying to say is I love you! I've loved you ever since you got here, but I was too oblivious to notice it!" He exclaimed as I smiled softly and kissed him on his soft lips.
"I love you too, Seaweed Brain." I whispered against his lips as he pulled me in closer. Once we parted we got up and went to bed, cuddling up to each other.