~Chapter Twelve~

***

The force field barrier confining you and your two friends inside of that densely restricted jail cell wavered before transforming into a vaporized gas cloud dispersing away in the non-existent wind. Abruptly pulled away from your thoughts at the roots, the three of you arose from the benches and meandered quickly towards the open doorway. Standing in front of the threshold was Zapp's alien assistant Kif and Leela. She appeared to be in an abnormal beating; rather agitated as he twisted her hands together, trickles of sweat beading down the sides of her temple, and the lightest tincture of a crimson blush settling onto her face.

You handed Fry his iconic cardinal red jacket and he nodded his head and flashed you an appreciative, cutesy beam. With the assistance of Bender, he tossed you your shirt and you caught it with swift expertise. Half of his optic shields covered over his visors and he winked at you suggestively. In response, your eyes performed a playful eye roll and you lightly pushed his shoulder with your hand. You slithered your top over your head, arms snaking into the sleeves. Only wearing a bra, you sensed the immobility of Bender's unadulterated stare lustfully oolong the sight of your cleavage. However, you decided not to say anything to this. A vaguely detectable lavender-pink blush seeped through the apples of your cheeks. You cleared your throat and scurried in front of him, feeling his promiscuous stare linger much, much lower.

"The fatso says you're free to go," Kif started as the three of you stepped out of the cell, and you snickered at his humorous remark.

"Really? Why?" Fry questioned quizzically.

"“Why” indeed." the green alien murmured quietly, casting Leela a stoic glance before he trod away with his hands intertwined behind his back.

"Uh, okay?" you muttered, questionable, and flicked away saturated slivers of (H/c) hair away from your confusion-ridden eyes.

"What does that mean?" Fry asked confusingly as he turned around to face the purple-haired cyclops.

"Nothing." Leela promptly addressed defensively, appearing panicked for a moment and deliberately viewed away, her blush deepening in its already profuse shade of crimson.

'What's up with her?' you thought to yourself as your eyes roamed around Leela's presently perturbed and flustered demeanour.

"Are you sure it's no—," you started to inquire, however, she interrupted you in brutish immediacy and hectic dismissal.

"It was nothing!"

You visibly winced from the unexpected hostility laced in her vicious tone and quirked a brow at her behavioural attitude.

Changing the course of the subject, Bender added in, "So, should we get our stuff and head down to the planet?"

"We just talked, okay?!" Leela once again exasperated in defence, rendering the three of you in puzzlement as to why Leela was acting so peculiar.

"Oh-h-h-h-h, kay, then. Let's just get going..." you spoke slowly as to not possibly trigger her and gestured towards the direction of the exit with your hand.

"Yeah, great. Sounds like a plan, Stan! Sure, let's get going and not waste any more time here." Leela agreed hastily and latched her tight grip around your upper arm, dragging you away as the two perplexed males quickly followed in suit.

"Geez! Slow down, woman. What's the rush?" you quizzed the hurriedly scampering female.

"Nothing! As I said, it's nothing. Don't worry about it," she concluded the topic assertively. "Let's just get out of here ASAP. Not that it matters or anything."