Lonley Escape

Sophie's POV
  The mental connection snapped a few minutes ago and the hooded man was leaning against the wall sparking a medler. He stared me straight in the eyes before moving the switch to the strongest setting.
  "Let's try this again." He grinned and cackled evil pointing the crackling medler at my face. I pushed all the energy I had into my legs desperately. I was shaking uncontrollably, grinding my teeth together. I managed to stand up after a few tries. I felt a drop of power seep into my mind and it didn't let up, it trickled like a waterfall and coursed through my body and into my hands.
The power was filled with anger, loneliness, and freight. The kidnapper stepped back until he hit the wall and fired the medler. It hit my side and I screamed out in agony and my head hit as I stumbled into the wall. I reached my arms forward towards him, determined to get to my friends, and my family. The handcuffs started glowing a bright purple until they combusted. The pieces of metal shot across the room and ricocheted off the wall into the kidnappers leg. He fell onto the floor violently, still trying to target me with the medler but missing and hitting the wall. I let out all of that fear and pain and made it into a sphere around me. I released the energy outward even further. The hooded man grabbed his head and the walls cracked and fell down around me. Unearthing several unconscious Neverseen members. The building started shaking harshly.
  Did I break the support beams? I asked myself. Elves may be magical but a support beam is support beam I guess. Rocks started falling from the ceiling so I used telekinesis to guide them away from me. I wasn't going fast enough with my injuries to dodge all of them but most of the larger ones didn't come to close to me. I saw a white pathfinder on the floor rolling away from me but I managed to grab it before it was crushed.
  I'm in a forbidden city? I asked myself.
  They did it last time so I don't know why I'm surprised. I looked around and saw a small stream of light coming from a crack of light. It wasn't much but it was enough for an escape.

Fitz's POV
  We had not even one lead on Sophie, Biana was getting worse every day, Tam and Linh left, and I can't get back in contact with Sophie. I wanted to scream, cry, go run and find Sophie, help Dex, and just give into my mind. But I couldn't, I wouldn't. Dex was going through a lot too, I could tell he liked Biana a lot but I couldn't sense if he didn't know or was rejecting his feelings towards my sister.
  "Dex, I'm going to take a walk and get some air, what to come?" I asked quietly. He silently shook his head and looked back at his feet. I looked around for Keefe, but I guess he went home for the day.
I walked to the leapmaster to head to Lumenaria. I haven't smiled in days and I think I'm adopting Sophie's worry lines. With everything I knew at the time, Sophie could've been dead, which means Biana's could be dead. 
That means that the Ruewen's would shut themselves in again along with my parents. I would do the same and Dex and Keefe would follow behind us all. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head, closed my eyes and attempted to concentrate on kicking some small pebbles and crystals along the busy streets of Lumenaria. I kept on kicking until I ran into a rock that seemed to not move. I opened my eyes slightly to be face to face with a boulder sitting on the cracked cobblestone. I walked around the boulder but I didn't avert my gaze off it.
I gasped when I saw a blonde girl halfway under the oversized rock.
It's her. I thought in a panicked state. I used telekinesis to lift the rock and it was somewhat difficult but doable. I fumbled around with my home crystal for a minute before exhaling and getting ahold of my bearings. I wrapped all of my concentration around us and light leaped into my house. My dad seemed to be sitting on the plush velvet couch reading a novel. He seemed peaceful until I crashed onto the floor clutching Sophie trying to break her fall.
I guess I was to panicked to get a grip on our landing. Dad dropped his book and clutched the fabric of his tunic that rested over his heart. He tried to calm his breathing but was still rattled.
  "Fitz don't make such a racket." He was about to add more but he seemed to notice the extremely injured and fading girl in my arms.
  "Is that, Sophie?"