Step brother

Your P.O.V

Ok you're 19 years old, you dad died two years ago, it was tough on your mum. She said she started seeing someone at the start of the year.

And now she's told you it had gotten serious. She wanted yous too meet.

"Now he has got a son, maybe a little older than you, he's is also going to the dinner" she explained.

I sighed but smiled.

Anything to make you happy Mum.

"Do you know his name by any chance?" You questioned her.

She thought for a second, looking up.

"It's Damiar," she said "i think" she smiled and applied some lipstick. She up and turned

"Do I look okay?" She asked "god I sound insecure"

"You look fine mum, lets go"

We were going to a restaurant to meet them. When we had arrived, it was about a few minutes before two men walked to the table. Mum stood up and hugged the older man.

"Hey" they both said. He had blonde hair and awesome blue eyes. Then I looked at the son, he looked like he had green eyes and dyed green hair, he was wearing a a button up shirt, and ripped jeans,

Omg he is wearing boots.

I smiled shyly and stood up. They both reached out their hands for me to shake.

"So you must be Damiar, right" I asked.

He smiled, "Yes and you must be y/n"

I smiled "correct" I said back.

"Let's sit down" my mum said.

Damiar looked at me, taking in glances every once and a while. After the meals were order. The dinner conversation was mostly a 'getting to know you' chat of the kids and the other parent hadn't met yet. Then the meals arrived.

"So Damiar What have you done since you left school?" My mum asked.

I put my hand to my head. That's a little personal mother.

He smiled politely, and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "I've been in the media, I have a little YouTube channel, but I've mostly do twitch streams, I'm getting there slowly"

"That's interesting," my mum replied.

"What about you, y/n?" Damiar's dad asked.

I froze cause, I could. Shit

" I have been in college, studying a degree in (whatever)"

"Wow impressive" he replied.

"That's sound awesome" Damiar commented.

At the end of the meal, we order desserts, my mother excused herself. I was left alone with the boys. Damiar's dad sighed,

"Guys I wasn't goning to do this but I have something to tell you both."

Me and Damiar exchange looks

"Dad what is it?" Damiar said confused.

"I want to propose to (generate random name), but I wanted to know, what you guys thought about that."

My mouth dropped, I like the man, don't get me wrong, but what about my father. Damiar was clearly in shock too. I smiled to hide the sudden urge to grieve my father.

This man makes mum so happy though. One side of the brain fought.

But he's not dad the other clashed.