Farewell Tributes

Sorry this chapter is not very long at all... Sorry. I couldn't really think of anything else to add, so this is it. Enjoy. The Next Chapter will be on the Train.

When Lori finishes talking and gives a final speech about the games and of course finishes saying "May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor" we are ushered into the Justice Building. The Justice Building is a the tall building behind the stage, it is very impressive and made out of a Grey Marble Stone, sunlight shimmers from above it as we enter, immediatly the doors behind us close I look behind in reflex but turn back to be ushered into a small office room.

I wait in the Office for a minute before my Mother and Belina run in. "No. Haydn, Don't go you can't!" Belina shouts at me before running up to me and giving me a tight hug. "Win it for me," Belina demands. I give her a tight hug before saying, "I will". Then I turn to my mother. "Mom" I say and she smiles softy before hugging me and bursting into tears. "I love you Mum" I say. "I love you too sweetheart, but-" She starts... "You have to win. You just have to! Kill them all, won't you?" She exclaims. I am stunned that she would ask that but instead of arguing, I simply say ok. My Mother gives me a ressuring smile and then simply says "Have Fun".

"Your time is up." Says a Peacekeeper with a pale face and he he entered the room. Belina ran up for one final hug. The Peacekeeper pulled my mother and sister out of the room before slamming the door behind them. I sighed as I found my way onto the Velvet couch and a few tears rolled out

"Haydn" I turned and look at the door to where I found Dev walk in, Dev has stylish dark brown hair for the Reaping he is wearing a Lime Green T-Shirt and Black Pants. I give him a hug. "Haydn, promise me you'll win. Promise me, please." He said. "I'll try" I reply hopefully. "If you die, I'll have to kill you." Dev says to cheer me up, but It doesn't help. It only makes things worse. "There are 48 of us. Only one comes out." I tell Dev. "Actually 96," He says correcting me, which just makes me feel worse, once again.

"I don't have long" Dev starts but pauses for a second to make sure he says his next sentence right.

"Know the other tributes so you can work around their skills." He says.

"Practice with weapons and survival skills" He says looking at my face so I can tell he means it. "And save your best skill or skills for you personal training session." He instructs me.

"Your not my mentor, your my friend and I'll miss you." I say hugging him for the last time.

He finishes, just on cue the door opens and he leaves. I sit there for a moment before I find myself being ushered out of the room by a Peacekeeper.

I walk over to Lori and Psyde, before Jule and Chole join us. We then leave the Justice Building to find several Peacekeepers taking down the stage. The five of us enter a cream coloured wagon which takes us to the Train Station, I don't bother to listen to Lori go on about how exciting the Reaping was this year. All I am thinking about is the other 95 Tributes I will have kill in order to win. I quickly glance to the other tributes in the carriage, Psyde and Jule are looking out the windows and Chole is trying not to cry her eyes out, she's the youngest tribute I think to myself, she is the youngest tribute from District 12 this year, she must be feeling sad. As I get on the train I quickly look behind me to see get a final glance of District 12. My Home.