Prologue

In all my life I had never come into the cross hairs of someone like her. In just a single day she had most of the student body in the palm of her hand, then she disappeared. She'd shut herself away. But her presence was still known. She would call the school to give show and tell 'educational' sessions to our class about her round the world trip with her diplomat mother.

Then she returned in person after heroes day. I don't know why, and I don't want to know.

Her first day back, she wasted no time in spinning more lies. She had her way with the seating plan for a day, but ties of friendship defeated her. She blamed me. I'd nearly been akumatized that day. Instead the liar offered herself up and I over came my anger with help. She was defeated, but she had not changed.

Over the next few weeks and months she began to deepen her lies. I had no way of disproving her. But after what my crush had said about it being "our secret", I hadn't tried. After all you can't defeat a villain, as cunning as her by causing her pain. There would be more pain caused to the innocent if I had called her out. I just wish I knew how I could have stopped her.

She is evil incarnate. A girl who revels in and tells nothing but lies. I have never met anyone like her. And because of her I was akumatized. Because of Lila Rossi I nearly lost it all.

My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I was just an ordinary girl, with an ordinary life.  I have a secret that, some how, no body knows yet. That I am Ladybug, defender of Paris. However, this is the story of the time that Ladybug couldn't save Paris. This is the story of how I was reborn for a day, for now, because of Lila, I am also Princess Justice.