Chapter 1

Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a 15 year old, French-Chinese girl, woke up to the sound of her phone's alarm going off. It was 7am. She was tempted to press the snooze button, after all she was still tired. She had been woken up in the night to the sounds of screams. Hawk Moth had akumatized yet another innocent person. It had taken a full hour for her, as Ladybug defender of Paris, and her partner Chat Noir,  to defeat Hawk Moth's latest villain. Mostly because Chat Noir had been a little more reckless than was normal. Marinette assumed it was to impress her. She had scolded him afterwards. It had been almost midnight when she had gotten back to sleep.

"Marinette," said the gentle and soft voice of a small, red creature, that flew out of a small doll's house to stop Marinette from tapping the snooze button. "You can't be late today. I know you're tired, but it is results day." Marinette suddenly sat bolt up right. In her sleepy stupor she had forgotten that her class had taken a test at the start of the previous week. Her sleepiness was now gone, replaced by nervous.

"Oh my gosh!" Marinette exclaimed, "Thank you Tikki, I completely forgot."

"You seem nervous, Marinette." Tikki stated, as Marinette rushed over to her little sink and washed her face in water from her tap. "Why?"

"What if I failed, Tikki?" Marinette answered her small, magical friend, putting toothpaste onto her toothbrush, putting it in her mouth and moving it in little circles over all of her teeth.

"I am sure you passed with flying colours." Tikki said cheerfully, "You did study really hard after all."

"But the questions were so difficult." Marinette said, after she had spat out the toothpaste, washed her mouth out and cleaned her sink.

"We both know you did everything you could to pass the test," Tikki reasoned, sensing one of Marinette's over reactions coming. "You can't change how you've done, but you do know you have done your best. Besides Marinette, I will always be here to help you. Kwami's honour." Marinette took comfort in the words of her small, red friend.

"Thank you, Tikki, you are the best kwami I could have as a friend." Marinette smiled as she got dressed. However, as much she tried to ignore it, Marinette couldn't put aside this nagging sensation that something bad was going to happen. By the time she had finished her breakfast and was heading to school however, she had convinced herself that the test results might result in one her class mates being akumatized. But it was the sight of her best friend Alya Ceasre, a dark skinned, brown haired girl with glass, that finally got her thinking about other things.

A 15 year old girl, with chocolate brown hair and cunning, green eyes, was sat in the park that was opposite Francois Dupoint high school. She was wearing a dark grey t-shirt, with dark coloured shorts and leggings, with brown ankle boots and an orange waist length jacket over the top. This was Lila Rossi, daughter of an Italian diplomat. She was sat reading, when she noticed Marinette running from her parents' bakery, that was over the road from the high school.

Lila followed Marinette with an evil gaze. Normally this made Lila very angry, because she hated the impossibly friendly and optimistic girl. Everyone thought that Marinette was without fault. This made Lila jealous. But today was different. Today her class, but most importantly, Adrien, would see that Marinette, little miss perfect, had a fault. Marinette would lose everything. This made Lila smirk, darkly to herself.

"Enjoy what time you have left, Marinette," she whispered, as she waited on the green park bench, "as today, you will lose it all. I have won and there is nothing you can do about it."

Lila heard a car pull up behind her, its engine idling as an electric window was wound down. Lila stared at the book in her hands, determination in her evil eyes.