FIFTY FOUR: Goodbye

Zach

'Hi. I hope you're doing fine. I'm sorry for everything. Don't worry, I'll give you the time and space that you want. But please give me what I want too? And that is to stay with you, forever. Take care.'

I took a deep breath. I can't move, hindi ko alam yung gagawin ko.

Paulit ulit na bumabalik lahat ng alaala na nangyari kanina.

Her face, it's so beautiful and yet I destroyed that kind of face.

Her heart, it felt so whole again after her father died and after she experienced a great heartbreak but here I am, I crushed them into pieces made her feel in pain again.

Bakit hindi ko naisip 'yon? Ang dami ng nang-iwan sa kaniya tapos magiging kabilang pa ako doon.

The moment na tinalikuran ko siya kanina, alam ko na mababa na yung tiyansa na makakabalik pa 'ko sa kaniya.

Nasira ko na lahat. I cheated on her, pero pinagmukha ko na siya yung may kasalanan.

I got a call from someone, it was from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I said. There's silence on the other line.

"Who's this?" I asked. Wala paring nagsasalita.

I was about to end the call when I heard someone crying. It makes me stop. And I felt like I needed to comfort that someone.

"Are you okay?" Baliw na siguro ako, just because I'm talking to someone that I didn't know.

"A-ah. Sorry, wrong number ako." A woman said, she seems so familiar.

"Wait. Do I know you? You seem familiar to me and I don't know why." I said.

"Zachary baby..." She said and I started to go back to the place when I last saw them.

The time when we were in a vacation but I ended up living alone. Iniwan nila 'ko...

I ended the call.

Bumalik lahat ng sakit na naramdaman ko. Kung siya man 'yun, hindi ko alam kung handa na ako na makita siya.

Hindi pa 'ko handa dahil may inaayos pa akong problema at ayoko ng dumagdag pa 'yon.

I was about to put my cellphone down when it vibrated again. It was a call from the same person.

I answered it with hesitation. "Hello? Are you his brother?" Someone asked. It's a guy.

My heart skipped a beat. Siya ba talaga 'yun?

"Who's this?" I asked. I'm not someone's brother anymore, matagal na.

"This is Harry, Misha's wife." Too much names.

This can't be happening. Matagal na silang wala! They already died years ako.

"S-sino?" I asked.

"Misha Keith Santos Lopez. Do you know her?" A tear escaped my eyes upon hearing that name.

My hands are shaking. How is this possible?

She's still alive. Buhay pa ang ate ko.

"She's waiting for you. Actually, matagal ka na niyang hihihintay."

"Kung ganoon, bakit hindi niya 'ko hinanap?" Tanong ko.

"Nakita ka niya. She's a flight attendant but she resigned just recently." Sabi niya.