Chapter Sixteen: Talks

Approx. Word Count: 2,260

Sakura and Tenten sat on a grassy hill, watching the sky. "I want to talk to you about...well, all this sadness" Tenten gestured to Sakura's whole body. She was the first to speak.

"You also want to know why I've lost my chirpiness as Shisui calls it?" Sakura asked arching her eyebrow.

"Well yeah...you know you don't need a guy to be happy..." Tenten watched as Sakura looked down, her hair falling down her shoulders. Unknown to the two girls, a third person was listening to their conversation. She didn't mean to eavesdrop but when she noticed Sakura's pink hair, she had to listen to what they were talking about. Mikoto stood with her back pressed against a tree, her shopping bag clutched to her chest as she suppressed her chakra.

"Itachi makes me happy, Tenten... Whether we're just friends, teammates... Being around him makes me so happy" Sakura mumbled sighing. Tenten's face fell as she watched Sakura fiddle with her clothes.

"Why don't you ask Tsunade to put you back on Team Uchiha? You were so happy..."

"Because I'm causing problems for Itachi and Sasuke... I don't want them fighting, not over me" Sakura replied. Mikoto's heart started to melt as shame took over. She had the wrong idea about Sakura, she had asked herself how could someone do this to her boys and not feel any pain about it? But Sakura did, this girl was being torn apart between doing what was right for the Uchiha brothers and what made her happy.

"I still don't understand Sasuke's problem" Tenten commented. Sakura sighed rubbing her forehead.

"I'm losing my brother because of you!! Team 7 has been torn apart because of you!!" Sakura never thought she would see Sasuke Uchiha cry but here she was; standing in the middle of a destroyed training ground with a balling Sasuke.

"He thinks I've stolen Itachi from him and he thinks I'm the reason Team 7 is no longer together" Sakura muttered. Tenten's mouth flew to the ground.

"HE WHAT!?" She burst out in anger. Sakura sighed with a shrug. "Have you actually explained your...relation...ship... with Itachi to Sasuke?" Tenten asked. Sakura pulled her knees to her chest, resting her chin on top of them.

"I tried but he won't listen...and...it doesn't matter. I'm leaving it alone... I should have known better" Sakura muttered.

"Known better!? Itachi was the one who didn't tell you who he was! And you said he knew who you were!" Tenten was fuming at the thought of Sasuke ruining Sakura's life over this. Mikoto furrowed her eyebrows, she had to talk to Itachi about this.

***

Itachi watched with hawk eyes as his mother picked up the photo frame of Team Uchiha... the old Team Uchiha. Mikoto brushed a hand over Sakura's grinning face. She stood in between the two boys, holding their hands. Both boys were also grinning, the three were practically on top of each other in it. "She's a beautiful girl" Mikoto murmured glancing at Itachi.

"Hn" She sighed placing the photo back down before picking up the next one. It was just him and Sakura, the two were sitting on a boulder together. They looked pretty beaten up but were both beaming as they interlocked their arms.

"You said you love her...is that true?"

"Why are you suddenly so interested, Mother?" Itachi asked raising an eyebrow.

"I overheard a conversation earlier between her and her friend" She muttered. Itachi shut his eyes tightly, great, now his Mother was eavesdropping on Sakura. "I think you need to talk to Sasuke. Explain to him how this friendship with Sakura started" Mikoto informed him walking towards his door. "And bring her around, I want to meet her officially."