Battle for Harmony

Celestia's POV:

Hours have went by but the moon showed no signs of going down. Strange...

Luna should have brought it down by now.

"PRINCESS!" a voice called out.

I turned to see my old friend of mine, Starswirl the Bearded. His face had a horrified expression and was breathing heavily. It's as if he had ran as fast as he can to get here.

"Starswirl? What happened?"

"Your sister. She's gone insane!"

Luna?? My sister??

Without wasting another second, I ran down towards the throne room. A cold breeze from an open window greeted me when I got there.

The room was empty. Curtains are flowing through the wind as moonlight came in.

Where is she?

Suddenly, I heard a deep cackle that sent shivers down my spine. Somepony stepped out from behind the throne and stared at me.

It was Luna....
But at the same time, it wasn't.

"Luna! You need to make way for the day. Lower the moon!"

"Why? So you could get all the attention again? Hehe.. I'm not gonna let that happen again.

From now on, the night shall rule Equestria

FOREVER!!!"

Her laughter was heard all around the room as lightning strucked outside.

"Luna please-"

"Luna? Who is this Luna? From now on, I will be called-

Nightmare Moon!"

All of a sudden, her eyes turned to slits as she glared at me.

"And I'm not gonna let anypony stop me. Not even my own sister!"

As she said those words, a powerful blast came from her horn, heading towards me. Luckily, I was quick and I jumped out of the way. The blast destroyed a wall nearby.

If I didn't jumped away, those remaining rocks could've been me.

Another blast came as I spread my wings and flew to the sky. Luna was right behind my tail.

"Whre do you think you're going?!"

A full on battle started in the sky. I can hear the horrified gasps of ponies below as they saw us. No way I can let them get hurt! I flew farther away from the village with Luna still chasing me.

Frustrated, the dark mare grabbed my tail, took hold of me, and kicked me towards the ground. The wind rushed around me as I regained my balance and flew up once more, avoiding another blast.

"Luna! I don't want to fight you!"

Then you can make this easier for me if you STAY STILL!"

I summoned a shield as she tried to hit me with another blast.

She's determined to destroy me... But I can't let her take over... Not in this state.

I flew higher and shot my own blast towards her. She was taken aback but managed to hold it by summoning a strong surge of magic that challenged mine.

A strong boom was heard when our magic collided with each other. Tears came to my eyes. It hurted me to see my own sister like this.

"Luna! Please STOP!" I cried desperately.

Her eyes narrowed.

"LUNA?! I'm Nightmare Moon!!"

As she screamed at me, her magic became stronger and I struggled to fight back.

I can hold it... COME ON!

But it was no use. Her blast overcame mine and was travelling towards me. I braced myself as it hitted me directly.

Due to the impact, I was shot out of the sky and crashed through a wall.

I can't move..
I'm paralysed...
Everything hurts..

I winced as I tried opening my wings. But they failed. I can't even walk away. All I could move was my head.

I looked around. Wait... Is this? Is this the room of the Elements of Harmony?

I saw something glimmer in the corner of my eye. The Element of Magic was on the floor next to me. The others were still on the pedestal.

Luna came hovering outside near my crash site with her head up high in pride. She cackled.

"When I'm done with you, all of Equestria will come to respect the night once and for all!"

An idea came into my mind. But I can't...

I can't bring myself to do it...

"This is your last warning. I don't want to do this to you. Please... Luna"

Luna said nothing. Then her eyes narrowed and her teeth were bared.

"THERE IS NO LUNA!!!"

She dove down towards me, ready to finish me off. My eyes widened as I took the Element of Magic and placed it in front of me.

Using my last strength, I activated the elements and clenched my eyes shut.

The elements of laughter, kindness, loyalty, honesty, generosity, and magic....

I can feel them vibrate as a bright light came from them. I braced myself once more...

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

After that, it was dead silent......

.................

A/N: I'm so sorry if it's too short. ;-;