Chapter 17|' What Holloway charm?'|

  "Max!" Mitchell exclaimed, following me as I headed to my locker. "Of all people, you had to pick someone I actually like."

  We stopped at my locker and I put in the combination. "Honestly, Mitchell," I said as I opened my locker, not sparing him a glance. "Shouldn't you be happy that he drove me home and not some creepy weirdo? I still don't get what the big deal is."

  Mitchell leaned his head against the locker next to mine. "The fact that my little sister got into someone else's car. Someone who is older than her, might I add."

  "By a year," I retorted. "Look, can't you just drop it?"

  "Fine," He said, changing the subject. "Have you talked to the others about what happened?"

  I groaned. That was not something I wanted to talk about. "No," I sighed. I shut my locker and Mitchell walked me to my class. "We've been avoiding it."

  It's true. It was almost like we had put it behind us, but whenever I was all alone around Taylor, Parker, Vinny, or even Dad, it would just get awkward and you could practically cut the tension with a chainsaw. You couldn't cut it with a knife. The tension was so thick you had to use a chainsaw.

  I don't talk to them when I'm alone either. At school yes, but that's just to keep up appearances. The last thing any of us needed was everyone creating rumors about why Ryder Holloway wasn't talking to her brothers. People at my school are so nosy.

  Mitchell shook his head. "You need to get it out before it blows up in your face... All of you."

  "Tell me something I don't know." I said rhetorically. We neared my class and slowed down.

  "Well," Mitchell drawled. "Roman, one of the few guys I can actually stand, is going to be driving you home today. Don't go with Max. I don't trust you around him."

  I scoffed. "You don't trust me, your little sister, with someone you were just yapping on about?"

  "I know for a fact he doesn't want you, but I don't want you trying to work up your little Holloway charm."

  "What Holloway charm?" I exclaimed. "The one where I turn into a tomato and laugh like a dolphin on steroids? Oh ya, the guys are going to be lining up for that."

  Mitchell laughed. "Okay, but still. I know that he doesn't like you."

  "And how do you know that?"

"Because he has eyes for someone else." He turned me to the side and we watched as Max blushed at something Marissa, his best friend, said.

  I would try and pursuit him but they are too cute. Plus, I'd probably come off as a creeper since I haven't even had my first kiss.

  "Aww," I said to Mitchell. "They're so cute."

  Mitchell slung his arm across my shoulder. "Absolutely adorable." He said bitterly.

  Oh, I forgot about his breakup. "I'm sorry Mitchell." I said sincerely.

  "Forget about it," He bit out. "I'm fine."

  I went to say something but thought better of it and kept my mouth shut. We walked the rest of the way to my class in silence.

  When we got to my door, I smiled at Mitchell. "Thanks."

  "No problem," He said. "Oh and Ryder? Talk to them okay? You guys need to patch things up."

A/N:

  I am so happy! OSU won against Minnesota. Yaasss! Do I have any Buckeye fans out there?

  Is it bad that i want to create another story when I already have this and Archer Family Values ? Btw, if you haven't read my newest story, Richer Family Values, you should totally check it out! Sorry about the sucky update. I write throughout the week but Wattpad always deleted it so then I have to write something entirely new. #writerstruggles

  But aside from that, how was everyone's week? Mine was so boring. Ew, school. Hope you guys have good weekends!

~Nickole