Chapter Thirteen: Tables have Turned

I felt a hand grasping my ankle. I let out a small yelp. Turning my head around, I saw a familiar face.

Murray Hill.

He had disappeared after the mission in London. I thought he was trying to lie low, but apparently he joined the dark side once again.

And apparently I was wrong.

"Ben! I'm on your side!" He whispered.

"What?" I was beyond confused.

"I'm only pretending to be on their side to help you guys."

"But how did you know we were here?" Erica chimed in.

"Is that even a question? Every time SPYDER plots something evil you guys will thwart their plans!"

Footsteps were coming toward us from inside the penthouse. We quickly scrambled up back to the roof and pulled Murray up just in time. There was a huge man coming to the balcony, looking suspiciously over the railing. When he turned around to go back inside, I saw that he was actually Dane Brammage.

I was both shocked but not really that surprised he was still here. He's incredibly difficult to kill. He has survived explosions, nearly drowned in an ice lake, and gotten hit on the head with metal numerous times, yet he's still alive and standing.

He returned back inside and we heard him ask, "Where's that rat Murray?" followed by some 'I don't knows' from other people in the room.

Cyrus didn't trust Murray, so he tied his hands up with zip ties. Murray seemed insulted that he wasn't trusted by one of the best spies in the CIA. But considering the number of times Murray has turned his back on us just for his own benefits, I didn't trust him much either. The only reason why I had a tiny bit of trust was because he sort of gave me a hand on the mission in London.

Cyrus basically dragged Murray on the way back to our jet. There was an extra room for storage and Cyrus threw him in there along with the guy we kidnapped.

Murray initially kept his mouth shut and demanded food before he would tell us anything. So we figured the most effective method would be to not give him any food and let him starve. He spilled his guts after half an hour.

However, the other guy needed some more encouragement to talk. We threatened to pull his teeth out one by one if he didn't speak, and when he saw the Hales' cold glares, he made the smart decision to tell us everything, which wasn't much since he was only a guard, but we knew a few things.

Apparently SPYDER was doing some sort of local business and bribing the workers to use illegal ways of harvesting something for more money. I knew they were honest about not knowing the details because SPYDER kept their plans very classified. Only the highest ranked leaders would know exactly what was going on.

We locked them in the room with some food and discussed about our situation in one of the bedrooms.

"What could SPYDER possibly be doing?" Zoe's voice was slightly shaking.

"I don't know, we only have three days left," Mike replied.

I was thinking hard. Really hard. I thought about why we're here in Dubai. And thought about the local business. Then it suddenly dawned on me.
Oil drilling.

I was just about to speak when I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. Then everything turned pitch black right before my eyes. I heard a punch behind me which I assumed was one of the Hales attacking before I passed out, falling to the ground.

#37 in spies! Hope you have a nice day and Happy holidays!